players value

More
18 years 6 months ago #4253 by tomocb
Replied by tomocb on topic Re: players value
Some interesting observations!

Also, Paulie is right about players changing how they fit into the team s tactics, and it can be very difficult to get players values to increase - particularly with non top-flight players.

Now, heres the good bit..

Use one of the Team / Player Editors to change any team so that all players have maximum skills and values.  Now use that team to edit tactics through the main menu.  This will take quite a while, but move all the players around until you get large ticks for everyone in every possible combination.  You ll soon notice that formation - no matter which one you used as a base - starts to look very tactical and fluid with how the players move in relation to both the ball and each other.

Lastly, save the tactic and use it on ANY team you like in career mode.  You will not believe how much the player values increase - especially if you are just Managing the side.  With this formation in full flow, players like Ian Wright go up to £15M very quickly.  In fact it works with any player who has potential.

I only wish I still had this Tactic file that I created years ago.  If I get around to creating it again, I will be sure to post it!  Please shout if you want any further clarification on this!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 years 6 months ago #4254 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: players value
This is only partly true!

Because if you have a monster team with superb players only and you edit a tactic for them, it is clear that you get more ticks (and more large ones). BUT: If you use this tactic with a normal team or even a crap team from Englands 4th division, these players cannot move to the positions so fast as they should do. And therefore you get less ticks and maybe even red crosses!

I developed 2 basic tactics for see result -matches / rise-value ! Based on a solid 4-4-2

HERE:
Attachments:

More
18 years 6 months ago #4255 by tomocb
Replied by tomocb on topic Re: players value
Scouting..

This technique is great for getting the most out of potentially great players. Only, don t just use the scout facility in the game to find great talent, but also use the PC SWOS Editor 1.40 by using the Compute All Prices button.

This generates a Player s Value based on their skills set and will give you a great indication of how much that player s value could increase by. E.g. By ussing the Tactic notes in my previous post you can get Kevin Gallacher (Blackburn Rovers) £1.9M all the way up to £12M and probably more. Another example is Bruno Versavel (Andelecht) £1.6M who can easily get to £9M. David Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday) - another example

Use this technique with a combination of the above tactics and with forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=588.msg4241#msg4241 and SWOS gets a whole lot more expansive. It also proves that it s possible to win heavily in competitive leagues without playing.

More
18 years 6 months ago #4256 by HungryHorace
Replied by HungryHorace on topic Re: players value

... David Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday) - another example

what do expect? he s a Wednesday legend!

anyone who can tell me how to get more out of the Owls deserves credit in my book. cheers, :D  i m gonna have to try some of these suggestions out.

More
18 years 3 months ago - 18 years 3 months ago #5654 by Playaveli
Formulae to compute prices:

1. This is the formula that Jeroen van Sluijs uses in his editors.

* 70K*HE+70K*PA+140K*FI+140K*TA+140K*SH+210K*BC+210K*SP

He uses the same formula for all the different player s positions.

2. This formula is created by Richard Osborne.

* ((9*(TA-6)^7+9*(SP-6)^7+6*(BC-5)^7+5*(PA-4)^7+4*(HE-2)^7+4*(SH-1)^7+3*(FI-1)^7)/83)+70k

This formula is only for BACK players, and it seems to give similar values to those given by the game.

3. This formula is created by Karol Dzbuk.

* ((PA+SH+HE+TA+BC+SP+FI)^3.71)

This formula is for all the different player s positions, he used a progressive rising curve, because better players cost unproportionally more (much more!). He considered every ability equally for every position, aiming at a liberal situation, where goal-scoring defenders can be as valuable as superb tackling-defenders. Every coach can decide, which one is good for his team replacing 3.71 for other value.

---

Info taken from Pablo Fridlender s homepage!

More
12 years 11 months ago #101808 by Sida79
Replied by Sida79 on topic Re: players value

I developed 2 basic tactics for see result -matches / rise-value ! Based on a solid 4-4-2

Ah, I love bringing topics from 2005 :D I was wondering why did you name a tactic pressing if you meant ti to be for see result purposes? Also, I ve ran them both through a couple of seasons with a (purposely) mediocre club and the pressing one proved more successfull both in generated results and raising prices, or is it heavily team-dependant?

• ersinersin
  • ersinersin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #117459 by ersinersin
Replied by ersinersin on topic Re: players value
playaveli can you post you value up tactics link.the other links was dead and i didnt found anywhere your tactic.

More
11 years 2 months ago #117466 by Playaveli
Here you are!
Attachments:

• ersinersin
  • ersinersin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 2 months ago #117467 by ersinersin
Replied by ersinersin on topic Re: players value
thanks too much :)

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds