Re: Help for a newbie

• MastarC
  • MastarC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #138184 by MastarC
Help for a newbie was created by MastarC
Hi all. Thanks in advance for anyone s time on this. Excited to get back into the game. I ve got a PC running windows 10 and my thoughts were to buy an old quickjoy joystick (used to love them) and get a 15 pin to usb adapter. Looking for clarification if this is a good idea in terms of that combo actually working and being compatible? Any other tips for starting out would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #138185 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Help for a newbie

I ve got a PC running windows 10 and my thoughts were to buy an old quickjoy joystick (used to love them) and get a 15 pin to usb adapter. Looking for clarification if this is a good idea in terms of that combo actually working and being compatible?

That s an excellent idea! And yes, it will work great!
Got a list of adapters here:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26589.0

If you need more help, join our DISCORD chat. Purple button on top of this forum! ;)

• MastarC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 6 months ago #138186 by MastarC
Replied by MastarC on topic Re: Help for a newbie
Thanks so much for the reply. Awesome! Looking forward to getting the adapter and joystick. Will let you know how I get on and will get onto the Discord feature soon enough. Thanks again! ;D

• MastarC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138286 by MastarC
Just got my 15 pin adaptor and old quickshot joystick - wasn t reacting well in game so calibrated it through windows 10 - slight improvement but not great. The buttons were working and axis points were able to be calibrated - on a 3rd attempt to improve the calibration I seem to have the axis points perfect but the 2 buttons are all of a sudden not working - any ideas? Be odd to say that the joystick is old and perhaps it worked for a few moments and then the buttons died? Bought the joystick off ebay. Thanks for any help

More
6 years 5 months ago #138289 by Playaveli
Please link me to your purchased items. Need to take a look to investigate this further! ;)

• MastarC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 5 months ago #138291 by MastarC
Thanks @Playaveli

I actually decided to take the joystick apart and found one of the wires had severed and presumably that wire led to the buttons - such a shame - I ll have to wait to get back into SWOS - just bought a new one off ebay BNIB - looking forward to playing my first game online and getting used to how everything works on here and online - all the best

• Yadanut
  • Yadanut's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #138362 by Yadanut
Replied by Yadanut on topic Re: Help for a newbie
I am like you I will not fix it.

• MastarC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #138428 by MastarC
Can you help with joystick calibration? Got a brand new quickshot warrior 5 joytsick using a superjoy box 7 15 pin to usb adaptor - calibrating through windows 10 but can t get it to calibrate well - seems to be up and right that is the issue - I can navigate to a game using the joystick no problem but when in game mode you cant control the players/game properly....
During calibration - when centered getting raw data x axis 128 and y axis 112 - but when moving the handles in complete circles I am not getting a match - the + symbol isnt flowing

Not having much luck getting back into the game : (

More
6 years 4 months ago #138430 by Playaveli
Which version you play? And where did you download it?

• MastarC
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 4 months ago #138437 by MastarC

Which version you play? And where did you download it?

I believe I downloaded them through links on this website - in truth I can t recall that well. I have taken a screen grab showing both versions I have installed - hopefully the visual helps:

Thanks for your help.....
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds