DIY Leagues in SWOS 96/97

• Fuegan
  • Fuegan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #125160 by Fuegan
DIY Leagues in SWOS 96/97 was created by Fuegan
I ve recently purchased SWOS 96/97 from GOG. I grew up with the PC version of SWOS (95/96?) and played an awful lot with DIY leagues using edited custom teams, mostly imported teams from the English, German, Italian and Spanish leagues then changing all the kits, player names etc. This is something I d like to do again but with the ultimate version of the game.

Not that it makes a lot of difference to the gameplay, but from my experience so far, any matches played as a friendly or within a DIY league give all the players a star rating instead of a monetary value. When I played 95/96, the monetary value was used across the board (indeed I don t think there were any star ratings). The monetary value might have been different for the same player when playing for his international team, but a value was always used.

Was this taken out of the 96/97 edition, or have I missed something out? I ask because I know that there is a monetary value given for players in the international teams in 96/97, but I presume this is just for the section of career mode when you manage the national team?

This means none of the custom teams have a monetary value, when I remember Professionals having a £15m striker (Footballer). Would be a shame, I preferred the monetary value over a star rating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #125161 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: DIY Leagues in SWOS 96/97
Every player has a monetary value in all SWOS versions. Star rating is just a simplified conversion:

25K-40K = x
50K-75K = X
85K-130K = Xx
150K-250K = XX
300K-600K = XXx
650K-1M = XXX
1.1M-1.8M = XXXx
1.9M-3.5M = XXXX
4.5M-10M = XXXXx
12M-15M = XXXXX

• Fuegan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #125185 by Fuegan
Replied by Fuegan on topic Re: DIY Leagues in SWOS 96/97
Thanks, that s a pretty helpful chart. Any idea why they added in the star rating though (does this hark back to one of the earliest versions of Sesni, where each team had three star players?) And I take it there s no way to force the game to display the monetary value over the star rating?

[edit]Actually, DIY competitions don t seem to display the star rating of players either, even when going to the View Squads section of the Stats. Is this deliberate? Are the teams automatically equalised in a DIY competition?

More
9 years 9 months ago #125186 by Mozg
I m using SWOS 96/97 and I can see stars in viev squads menu... Teams are not equalized. There is no option to view player s exact values outside the career mode (the last SWOS version without star rating was SWOS 94/95 as I remember).

• Fuegan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #125188 by Fuegan
Strange. This is a screen cap of what I see from within the View Squads screen - I did a two team league with Original Custom Teams just to try it out. The player ratings (star or otherwise) don t appear in the preset competitions either. Perhaps a glitch with the GOG purchase? (I haven t downloaded from any of the links on this forum as a comparison).
Attachments:

More
9 years 9 months ago #125190 by Mozg
Oh, i know now... I m using Amiga SWOS :) In PC SWOS in fact there isn t star rating showed in view squads menu. Hovewer, it is showed in pre-match menu, and teams are not equalized unless you choose option all player teams equal in SWOS menu.

• Fuegan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #125191 by Fuegan
Ah, well, that makes much more sense! Thanks for clearing that up, I guess the Amiga version always was the greatest version ;)

More
9 years 9 months ago #125192 by Mozg
You can also play Amiga version on PC using Amiga emulator or Amiga SWOS Total-Pack ;) The greatest Amiga version advantage for me is that it s just more difficult to play versus computer :) PC version can be treated as beginner level for me. Additionaly, camera is more distant, so biggest part of pitch is visible at the moment :)

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds