Too short goal kicks / corners / clearing shots

• Tortuga
  • Tortuga's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #125037 by Tortuga
Hello everyone!

I m new here, as I ve recently started playing SWOS on PC, via the Mega Pack download from this site.

I have a little problem with the game, stated in the subject. Everytime I try to kick a goal kick I expect it to go around the centre circle (like the opponent s goalie s does), but instead it barely leaves my own penalty area, usually landing on my opponent s feet. This happens too when I try to clear a dangerous offense, my target would be one of the frontline men who could lead a counter attack, but the ball ends up around the halfway-line of the pitch.
Also, when I can execute a corner kick it usually lands on the opponent s feet as well, as the player standing by the near-post intercepts it. I just cannot shoot a long ball in the middle of the penalty area.

Well, I don t get too many goals from these situations, but it gets tiresome after a while, and I ve seen so many videos on youtube where these problems never occur, nor for the player or the opponent.

Could anybody explain why these things happen to me all the time? By the way, I m using a Logitech F310 controller, and I ve tried re-calibrating it and changed the fire button from A to B , and also tried a recalibration by pushing the A button for longer when it asked for fire button. None of them helped. Also, I ve tried different teams with different goalkeepers, and none of them were able to kick the ball near the starting circle.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 9 months ago #125038 by barnettgs
When you have pressed the button to shot, then you have to push the direction pad (or joystick) in the opposite direction very quickly (just after kicking the ball) to make it go higher.

Also I noticed that if I shot without holding the direction pad/joystick, it goes long as well but not as long as pressing the opposite direction.

It is difficult to get used at first but you will get hang of it after some practice.

Hope this helps

More
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #125039 by Playaveli
Regard the instruction manual and the classic sensi control system ... ;)

PS: For corner kicks, just leave controls centered (don t press anything), then hold down fire!
Attachments:

• Tortuga
  • Tortuga's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 9 months ago #125041 by Tortuga
Thank you guys! The method is working. It seems difficult for the first time with all the bending added to it, but I guess it takes some practice time as the whole game does. All that matters now that I can clear the danger necessarily.

By the way I remember reading through the manual looking for the solution for this, but it seems like I skipped the important parts. How dumb am I... ::)

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds