How to Change Controls in SWOS Total Pack

• Nrk9t1x
  • Nrk9t1x's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #122324 by Nrk9t1x
Hi there guys, how everything going with all of you ? Great ? Good ! ;)

I m new in the forums, just not new in the Sensible Soccer Portuguese Scene. I wanna ask any of you, if you do know how to configure personal controls in the SWOS Total Pack Game. When I enter the main menu of that, I see controls in there, but there s only available controls with the layout of the cursor keys...I always played Sensible Soccer this way: D = up ; C = down ; K = left ; L = right ; Space = Shoot/Pass/Tackle...I ve used a DIY-button keys in a joystick made by myself at the time of the Amiga 500 and I wanted to skill myself yet again in the game, like the old times with the last setup of keys. Some people answered my questions at #Sensible in Quakenet, giving me some neat programs to configure those keys, (I ve used AutoHotKey, VJoy), but I don t know how to export that setup into the SWOS Total Package.

If any of you guys can help me, I ll be much appreciated, thank you for your attention.
Vasco Nrk?t!x Bruno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nrk9t1x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #122327 by Nrk9t1x
Replied by Nrk9t1x on topic Re: How to Change Controls in SWOS Total Pack
Through VJoy I can calibrate my own keys, just that I don t know how to export a .ini file that can be saved through the program, into SWOS Total Pack itself. In my mind, SWOS Total Pack is in great need to be developed a kinda way to calibrate own keys for all types of choices...the original Sensible Soccer had a setup where we could calibrate those keys, shame that the SWOS Total Pack doesn t have one. Maybe I can arrange one of those DIY-button Joysticks I had in the time and maybe I could run the game through Joystick with those pre-configurated key sets but until that, I would know how to make this happen...if any of you know how to do this, I ll be appreciated...this is something that is messing my best game in SenSoc, so I need this to be solved ASAP. ;)

• Nrk9t1x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #122328 by Nrk9t1x
Ok people, I think I got it. When VJoy is activated, it goes to one of the pre-selected Joysticks in the SWOS Total Pack keys configuration, then when I run the Game, the Game got the pre-configured keys I set on VJoy and runs the way I like it...Thanks anyway. ;) Naaaa...it runs like that in a 2nd window, WINUAE version but it flicks constantly when I press the action button...there exists another window, though, that is also opened that corresponds to the real version of WINUAEXP (Amiga SWOS), that I think is where its all centered on...I listen the intro music from the 1st window (WINUAEXP) but I can t move the keys the way I like it...just in the 2nd window (WINUAE) I can really move with those keys on...its a bit strange, though...why its needed to clients opened ? this opens automatically 2 windows, both from each versions of the game ! :\ Don t know how to solve this, really...another thing, when I close WINUAE version, the 1st window (WINUAEXP) maintains opened...but when I close this one, also the WINUAE goes closed...why is this doing this ?

In general settings of the SWOS Total Pack, when I put WINUAE v2.5.0 and run the game, just opens 1 window and I control the game with my preset keys...but continues to flick the screen, wherever I click SPACE for action key during a game...maybe SPACE key is not the best key for action, I don t know. In my understanding when I press SPACE key is colliding with something in the game.

• Nrk9t1x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #122332 by Nrk9t1x
Ok, I ve changed the Space key to another one, this time around the N key for action and the flickering disappeared completely. Just that I only can play the WINUAE version of the game with my preset keys, but the SWOS Total Pack version I cannot. There s not any way to change the keys in this version ? Hmm...by the lack of silence in this post, counting the number of views but no one answering, this must see a NO GO. When developing another update to the SWOS Total Pack, just make that calibration of keys happen, or a lot of ppl with be limited to just some sort of keys layout and doesn t serve all types of ppl that goes up there and wants to setup their own configurable keys...for me and I know for others, this is a really disappointment, folks. ;\

How can the original game have a setup to configure keys and the really updated SWOS Total Pack, doesn t have that available ?

More
10 years 4 months ago #122338 by St.Vitus
Hmm, I dunno how to redefine, cause I play with Joystick. Maybe a Keyboard player can answer this, and or Starwindz as creator of Total Pack can for sure:

www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=21669.0

Maybe you wanna join us online? ;)

• Nrk9t1x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago #122342 by Nrk9t1x
Yes I do have it. I would play online with you, if I could redefine my keys of choice, which is not possible in the SWOS Total Pack. Playing with the cursor keys or simply joysticks, I can t play my best, so its hard for me to play the game, unless this is solved. Unfortunately I can t play it without D, C, K, L, Space keys, or any other layout of keys like that. If I can t redefine those keys for my personal taste, its impossible for me to maintain my taste in the new package game, I just have to try the PC Version launched for the platform at the time, which have a right setup to redefine keys as chosen by each player. :|

More
10 years 4 months ago #122343 by St.Vitus
Ă„hem, you cannot play the PC Version online. Only Amiga is possible. :(

• Nrk9t1x
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #122345 by Nrk9t1x
I know that...I always talked about SWOS Total Pack, for the online base. The only problem is that it ain t enough for me to try to play the game online, when I don t have my setup of keys configurated the way I want, so its pretty a waste of time. I don t care playing it online for now...I just want to practice the game against the CPU AI, as I don t play the game for some time now. And to play it with my configurated keys the PC Version, comes on handy...in the future you won t need the game to be played online, you will play on LANs, as I m preparing the launch of a big project with 8 years of development at least, to be all supportive for that future gaming eSports, that is still to born. A lot of recent/retro games will be chosen for primary lineup of games to be supported by eSports community on that future website, so I don t care much about the online support for now.

I only need to practice against CPU AI, which for me its true, doesn t give me the enough difficulty for my type of skills but, it will be great to make some seasons against it, though...but even after that I ll match some nice games against an adversary chosen by me, which my any means necessary, will always be a hard player to fight against...just some ppl I know, that have years of gaming in Sensoc. ;)

More
10 years 4 months ago #122357 by atchoo
I play in this way:
- num 7 up
- num 4 down
- num * left
- num - right
- num 2 fire
I use SharpKeys to make them act like Layout B Keys.

www.randyrants.com/sharpkeys/

It s a hard hack, I know, but I think it s the only way...

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds