SWOS and Joysticks compatibility

• acarre31
  • acarre31's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 3 months ago #98692 by acarre31
SWOS and Joysticks compatibility was created by acarre31
Hello,

I m trying to use a joystick with SWOS, and that s getting ugly.
First I ll give you my config, then I ll tell you the different install procedures I tried and what went wrong.

============================================================================
I have a Windows XP Service Pack 2 computer with 2GB Ram a good processor.
I have a logitech Attack 3 joystick (quite complex, like 10 buttons, but that was the cheapest one I could fine in the store... anyway...).

===========================================================================
1ST ATTEMPT: I ve downloaded the SWOS Total Pack, which worked fine, but that could not detect my joystick (only the fire button worked...).
I tried to run the install.exe file from the run folder but it could not detect the joystick controller.

2ND Attemp: I installed VDMS software and ran the game. I could configure my joystick (at that point i was pretty \o/ ) BUT the game crashes if I use the sound, and if I disable sound then it work BUT game is pretty slow...

3RD ATTEMPT: I installed D-Fend with DosBox, and I could configure the joystick. But, I only have a C:/ drive, and when I mount it the game keeps crashing (friendly game, carrers,...), there is nothing I can do. Note that I had to crack the SWS.exe file see topic here:http://www.sensiblesoccer.info/forum/index.php?topic=1774.0 ) to be able to play without a CD or image.

===========================================================================
At this point I m pretty out of any ideas to make the game work properly, so if you have any suggestions, please feel free to submit it.
Thanks a lot,
Aurelien

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds