Controller Help

• zelig1965
  • zelig1965's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #96090 by zelig1965
Controller Help was created by zelig1965
Hi. I am new here so apologies if I am asking a question answered somewhere. I have downloaded a version of SWOS to play on my PC as I used to play the old Atari version. I had no trouble installing and playing in DosBox but I am using a PS2 controller with a USB adaptor. It works OK but I have noticed that the controls are not as I remember them. For example I cant get the same amount of swerve, my shots seem weaker, and keeping control of the ball also seems much harder. In addition, a sudden swerve to the right or left sometimes results in the ball being passed! It could be that I m just not as good as I used to be (quite possible) but I just wondered if these poor controls using a PS gamepad were normal in the PC version. I have found my old Gravis Gamepad and wondered if that would be better via a usb/gameport adapter. If anyone has any thoughts or advice I would be very grateful.

Thanks very much...its great to be back :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #96092 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Controller Help
Hm, Atari version you say?

Then better try the Amiga version on your PC:
sensiblesoccer.pl/Setup_ASWOS2.exe
(You can play this version online, against others! Just join the chatroom #sensible @quakenet to meet us)

If you have a Gravis Gamepad, then use it! It works perfect with SWOS! Many players here, incl. me, use it as well...

More
13 years 5 months ago #96096 by Retrieving
Replied by Retrieving on topic Re: Controller Help
I started playing SWOS on Atari ST 520 as well, welcome aboard mate (and yes, albeit some use them proficiently the Playstation-style joypads aren t exactly easy to use, give the Gravis a shot, they re very accurate and got a great overall feeling)!

• zelig1965
  • zelig1965's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 5 months ago #96100 by zelig1965
Replied by zelig1965 on topic Re: Controller Help
Thanks very much...so if I switch to my Gravis pad I just need a gameport USB adaptor, right? Thanks for the online link...that looks fab but I will probably need a bit more practice before i get back to my mid-90 s best :D

• borman09
  • borman09's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 2 months ago #100903 by borman09
Replied by borman09 on topic Re: Controller Help
Some game makers have fled the PC altogether and gamers have thus far waited in vain for innovations .

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds