Control problem

• Oxymoron
  • Oxymoron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #81733 by Oxymoron
Control problem was created by Oxymoron
Hi! :)

I just installed SWOS 96-97 on my computer. What a pleasure to play again to that fantastic game I had on my old Amiga 500.

The game works good with a Dos emulator (DosBox). But there are some small problems.

First of all, the screen is windowed. It s not really a problem but I d like to play it full screen.

The other problem is about controls. I configured the keyboard and joypad but when I run the game, I can t control anything. Both joypad and keaboard are kind of inactive. So I configured only the keyboard. That way I can control the cursor in the menu and the players... And there, something strange happen : I can move players in every direction but I can une the shot/pass/tackle button ONLY when I move UP, DOWN, LEFT or RIGHT and not in other directions (down-left, down-right, upper-left, upper-right). It s quite more difficult to play like that :D (and frustrating!).
So, what can I do to solve that problems?

PS : I do my best but I appologise for my bad english! I hope you ll understand what I wrote!

Thank you and good SWOS! ;D

Edit : I had the same controls problems with another computer (and keyboard).
Edit 2 : What kind of controller can I use to play SWOS on Dos? Unable to configure my Logitech joypad with the install...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #81743 by Mozg
Replied by Mozg on topic Re: Control problem
Download and install SWOS Total Pack v1.10 - you won t regret it :) Everything shoud work fine, additionally you will have possibility to play on all original versions of SWOS squads as well as recent updates. Moreover few versions of sounds (crowds, commentary) and graphics sets will be avaliable, and also possibility of playing on emulated original Amiga version. I recommend it :)

• Oxymoron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #81765 by Oxymoron
Replied by Oxymoron on topic Re: Control problem

Download and install SWOS Total Pack v1.10 - you won t regret it :) Everything shoud work fine, additionally you will have possibility to play on all original versions of SWOS squads as well as recent updates. Moreover few versions of sounds (crowds, commentary) and graphics sets will be avaliable, and also possibility of playing on emulated original Amiga version. I recommend it :)

Thank you very much! The pack is really great! :)

I can now play fulscreen but the control problems are not solved. I will try with another game pad. I tried to configure my Logitech pad on windows (with XP drigvers). Windows detects the pad but when I try to configure it, the cursor move everywhere like a fly. Buttons work good but the stick does nt. So I hope it will work with anotrer one!

• Oxymoron
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 3 months ago #81984 by Oxymoron
Replied by Oxymoron on topic Re: Control problem
Just to inform you that everything works fine with another controller. So I can play without any problem!
Congratulations and thank you to all the guys who worked on the Total Pack! This is just great!
And thank you Mozg for your answers!

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds