Half a second sound lag when using SWOS Total Pack

• Shun
  • Shun's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #79806 by Shun
Hi All,

I ve been trying to get SWOS to work the same way it used to on my old 486 dx2 (you know with the sound, animations etc etc) and it never worked. I only discovered the SWOS total Pack a couple of days ago and it is fantastic!! All those memories came flodding back when the music video kicked in at the start! ;D

The total pack is perfect for me because it allows the keyboard to be used for both players (i m sure my original CD version didn t allow this). The reason both players need to use the keyboard is because it is going to be running in a custom built MAME Arcade cabinet that can run PC games as well. I have only one smal problem which is bugging the hell out of me.

I had SWOS total pack 1.9 to start with and it loaded fine and then when i started playing the game and watching the animations there seemed to be a 0.5-1 second display with the sound. I have noticed now that after watching the intro movie again, that has the same delay as well : (

So i found the updated version (1.10) and tried that and had the same issue. so it seems that it might be the issue is with DOSBox. So i tried changing the mixer settings in the DOSBox.conf file and had no luck. Also tried changing the number of cycles from the total pack menu but still the same problem.

Has any body else had the same issue? I would love to get this running perfectly for the cab. I ll post some pics of the cab when its finished with SWOS running on it if you guys want ;D

the specs of the PC that this is running on are:

AMD Sempron (2400+) with 1.5 GB of memory running on Windows XP with SP2.

Hope someone can help :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds