[Poll idea] The Best SWOS Match of the Decade

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #79355 by torpedo
i was thinking, will making this poll and possibly mentioning it in a news section of the website be a good idea:

it would be, say The Greatest SWOS match (duel) of the 2000 s or whatever smart name we can come up with. yes, i know it s not a decade technically speaking, but the noughties are over, and it has been 10 years that have seen an introduction of all the offline tournaments, we have some worldwide known sensi stars now, and we have managed over the years to record some replays, whether as a youtube files or *.rpl some classic clashes can be found over the internet.

i m thinking of PC offline only, don t care that much about amiga, and as far as i know you cannot really record amiga replays that easy? even so, that could be a separate subject.

obviously it will need contestants, and a brief introduction to the entries, i would be happy to write intros to the games i have seen on a few occasions, should the idea would be recognized as worth introducting.

from the top of my head there are few games worth mentioning:

- Playaveli - Peter, ISSA XVI final (whoever has been there probably remembers the tension in the air :) )
- Playaveli - Soren, ISSA XVII quarterfinal (or semi) with brilliant Playa s goals, especially for that level of the competition
- Playaveli - Rasmus, ISSA XVII semifinal i believe
- Luuca - Playaveli Sensidays 2008 final the one with a great comeback
- Coolio Jack - Redhair Sensidays 2008 (strong contender for a game of a century ;) award)

i was thinking of ElMichaj campaign from 2009, but sadly i couldn t find replays; i m sure you guys can add some more games to that list.

but in general, is it worth doing? any feedback is welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #79395 by ZICOZICO
Would be an interesting poll indeed.
Do you have the replays / records somewhere online?

Zicozico

More
14 years 5 months ago - 14 years 5 months ago #79396 by torpedo
easy, tigers!

i m bit overwhelmed by the numbers of your answers and suggestions :) sort of answers my question, anyway, not worth a try. i will instead post my list of my favourite games of the decade in a few days then.

i was also going to ask if you guys like the idea of something like industry awards . awarded anually with the winners announced on friday evening before the world cup, with ususal categories, best player, best newcomer, and you know - usual crap.

well, how does it sound?

More
14 years 5 months ago #79398 by torpedo
oh, thanks zico!

there is quite a lot of games on the youtube already, posted by playa and redhair mostly. i know that most of the playoffs since 2007 Sensidays is stored on this message boards, also ISSA tournament replays are on the internet. for those i had mentioned in the first post, we definitely have replays, it s just the matter of linking/embedding. but i m sure i m missing some games you guys can add to the list.

More
14 years 5 months ago #79401 by Playaveli
Interesting idea. And thanks for the nominations, Mika... I feel honored.
If you ask me, it has to be a match from 2007 Sensi Days, since this tournament was the first ever to unite all players in one place, ISSA WST ONLINE.
I d nominate Redhair vs. Coolio as well, if it comes to a poll.
But I have to look through the results again. There have been some epic clashes back then.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds