Request: "Clone CD" images of original versions?

More
14 years 5 months ago #79134 by EreWeGo
Hey all,

I was wondering if any kind person out there could upload some Clone CD versions of their original CD copies of the early Sensible Soccer games, (1.1, 1.2 etc)? I know there are already some links to the images, in Nero and ISO format etc, but I d really like some Clone CD images as it s normally the closest you can get to an original copy.

I usually use the Protected PC Game profile in Clone CD, and change the Data Read settings and Audio Read settings to use the Read SubChannel Data from Data Tracks , and Read SubChannel Data from Audio Tracks respectively.

I know it s a big ask, but if someone can help me out it d be appreciated. Thanks!
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #79142 by lestat
Hi m8...otherwise you can use MagicISO to convert and edit image files...it supports many kinds ;)

More
14 years 5 months ago #79146 by EreWeGo
Hey Lestat my friend - thanks for the advice, I know I could just convert a .nrg image to clone, iso etc, and although I m sure the images are fine, a true clone is best done first, before any conversion. It s not so important with the older games, but I d still really like some clone CD images made directly from original CDs if possible.

Cheers anyway mate, if no-one can help then I ll just make do, or keep looking for some bargains on EBay!

More
14 years 5 months ago #79725 by EreWeGo
...anybody? pretty, pretty please? : (

More
14 years 5 months ago #79744 by Playaveli
Hm, is there really a difference between Nero and CloneCD Images (except the file extension)? Didn t know that...

More
14 years 5 months ago #79755 by EreWeGo
@ Playa - hey mate, in the case of Sensible Soccer, probably not to be honest - it s usually in protected games or ones with Audio tracks where you can have a difference, especially with CloneCD compared to ISO images. eg: wth a protected game, you can often make an iso, install from the iso, but when you run the game you get a Insert Correct CD type error. With CloneCD, you don t have his issue as it clones the protection as well...(This doesn t apply to some of the latest copy protections however, I m talking about the early safedisk, bad-sector, over-size type protections).

The reason I use CloneCD for images of my older game originals is probably overkill in some cases, like with Sensi, but I still prefer them as cloning gets the closest copy, if that makes sense... I just remembered another setting in the CloneCD progam I usually select - under the Audio Read tab there s a setting or Audio Quality, which I change to Best. To be honest, I don t know if it makes any difference, just personal preference really! :)

Anyway, the Nero image is fine mate, I just tought I d ask as I d still ike a nice Clone in my collecion, (at least until I can track down a real copy on EBay or similar!)

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds