Re: Synchronated Updates

More
15 years 6 months ago #52281 by daimaou
Replied by daimaou on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

Can t even paste player names at the moment, have to type them, since websites have lower case characters and SWOES pastes them as lower case (which SWOS doesn t like).

Just paste the player list into Excel and use the Upper function to convert them to upper case, then you can copy paste without any problems and I m sure it s much quicker than typing everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #52337 by Synchronated
I will try that. :)
Previously I have tried several solutions, including a Firefox modification which causes pages to be displayed in all caps - unfortunately the information taken to the clipboard for some reason retains the lowercase characters.

edit: the Excel thing does work. I will try it to see if the process is any quicker (I type very quickly anyway) or more comfortable :)

More
15 years 6 months ago #52346 by milivella
Replied by milivella on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

That would be spectacular. Please, someone who can program, do it! :)

I think you have the moral authority to request this little option (to be able to past name+7 values all together). E.g. you could ask whiteulver (by the way, his editor already import csv files, but containing just name, nationality, position - he could add skills and price).

More
15 years 6 months ago #52362 by milivella
So, to sum up what we have said so far... There is some work that probably who update a league has to do: selecting the 16 players, specifying (in a editor) skin/hair color, numbers and tactic. But some other tasks could be automated: we could export/convert from Football Manager a list of thousand players including (for each one) name, nationality, position, skills. Then what we need is just one of the following features in a editor:
- Pasting name+nationality+etc. all together.
- Importing the same data from a csv file.
This should be trivial for anyone who know how to program an editor. This should be requested (in the Editing/Programming sub-forum? it looks dead... or personally to the programmers?): I can of course do it, but anyone has more chances than me in succeeding.

More
15 years 6 months ago #52536 by Synchronated
All good ideas. I will try to talk to Whiteulver but last time we spoke he didn t have much free time for the SWOS Editor.

Oh, and new update is online with Belgium and Ukraine leagues added.

More
15 years 6 months ago #52614 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Hey sync i made a whdload version from your updates

More
15 years 6 months ago #52640 by milivella

I will try to talk to Whiteulver but last time we spoke he didn t have much free time for the SWOS Editor.

Let s hope he will do it: it (especially expanding the csv import to skills) should be very quick for him.

More
15 years 6 months ago #52692 by Synchronated

I have no idea what that is :)

More
15 years 6 months ago #52710 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

I have no idea what that is :)

Files read from a directory instead of a complete HDF.
Furthermore everything is read and save from and to harddrive instead of floppy, which makes it faster (works fine except tactics).
But you cannot play online with WHD installs.

More
15 years 6 months ago #52740 by Synchronated
Ah right. That s how my offline config works (much easier for immediately accessing and checking edited data files). Its name makes sense now, thanks.

Time to create page: 0.271 seconds