Re: Synchronated Updates

More
15 years 6 months ago #50482 by EreWeGo
Replied by EreWeGo on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Awesome stuff Synchro, cheers mate!
;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 6 months ago #50772 by carling476
Replied by carling476 on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Cheers for the updates. found a few errors regarding leagues like italy has only 18 on the updates and when inserting the teams it crashes in career mode due to the fact that on the editor there are 20 teams in italian league.

on swos total pack great found away to keep the game running with comentry make sure that you have all the same team data in all the team sets
start career mode with mega data patch 1 then save/quit then load up mega data patch 2 then load your career and carry on with the season.

More
15 years 6 months ago #50815 by carling476
I HAVE A PROBLEM IM USING THE SWOS SPRITE EDITOR
AND WHEN I SAVE TO BITMAP AND EDIT THE SPRITE AND I TRY TO INSERT IT BACK
IN IT SAYS SPRITE INSERTED AND WHEN I PRESS ESCAPE TO QUIT THE PROG IT ASKS IF YOU WANT TO SAVE CHANGES
I PRESS Y AND IT FREEZES AND SAY THE PROG IS NOT RESPONDING CAN ANY ONE HELP??????????

More
15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #50876 by Synchronated

Cheers for the updates. found a few errors regarding leagues like italy has only 18 on the updates and when inserting the teams it crashes in career mode due to the fact that on the editor there are 20 teams in italian league.

That s not an error, that s a necessary decision. If Serie A has the full 20 teams, SWOS 96/97 will crash. So my data has only 18 teams, same as SWOS 96/97 - so that it works *without* having to hack the game files (which just causes more crashes). The teams are still inside the data file so people can move teams around if they want to, and can use them in custom tournaments etc.

Using the default, unhacked 96/97 game files with updates which stick to the original league structures (ie 18 teams in Serie A) is the *only* way to avoid crashes after a few seasons - which is why I no longer release data files with non-standard structures such as 20 teams in Serie A, like I used to. Hacking the game files to change the number of teams per league causes endless problems. By all means tinker with it for your own experiments but the files produced should not be released as they will not work properly across the board.

So, please don t post my team files after they have been changed in such a way, especially in this thread - it will just cause confusion and more crashes.

More
15 years 6 months ago #50877 by Synchronated
In other news, the full French and German leagues have been added.
synchronated.110mb.com/updates.html
Cheers :)

More
15 years 6 months ago #50891 by Kyon
Replied by Kyon on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
Good news sync i cant wait full version :P

More
15 years 6 months ago #50894 by carling476
I have tried and tested your sync teams and found that it crashes on my swos. i have tried and tested the ones i have edited and it works forever
as every swos game virsion is customised the way that people want it like say it might work on your virsion but not others etc.
in my swos i have edited everything from sounds to teams etc. i dont know about you but updating swos to the old team structure is pointless due to the fact the teams players move on so why would you not move the game on abit.

More
15 years 6 months ago #50897 by Oli O.
Replied by Oli O. on topic Re: Synchronated Updates
If you use sync teams on your modified sws.exe, of course, it crashes. Just install a clean SWOS.

Based on the original swos files, updating only team files without changing sws.exe is the safest way for avoiding more bugs and crashes than the original SWOS already has.

More
15 years 6 months ago #50898 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: Synchronated Updates

i dont know about you but updating swos to the old team structure is pointless due to the fact the teams players move on so why would you not move the game on abit.

The fact that Synchronated uses the original structure make his updates the best ever.
If you say it crashes then post a screenshot or save file or anything else to prove it.
And I can assure you that your own updates crash, if you change the structure. Just like all the other hundrets of updates out there which have a modified structure.

What Oli said is right and applies to your case!

If you use sync teams on your modified sws.exe, of course, it crashes. Just install a clean SWOS.

Based on the original swos files, updating only team files without changing sws.exe is the safest way for avoiding more bugs and crashes than the original SWOS already has.

More
15 years 6 months ago #50901 by carling476
tried and tested mate i have been working improven swos for 2 years as there is no solution to crashing swos i have the solution
why would i say it doesnt crash if it did. dont make sense. your using the original swos files of course im using edited swos files for running the game.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds