New Game Lobby

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #135463 by Playaveli
New Game Lobby was created by Playaveli
I think we need a new game lobby.
The reasons are obvious and simple:
- less and less activity

What is it:
- hybrid of website application program launcher (compare: www.amigalive.com app)

Check my first approach of a concept art:
files.swos.eu/tmp/swos-lobby.png

Reasons for the new lobby:
- people will download this, together with the game!
- should run without any virus warning
- people run away from IRC, all the time!
- with this launcher, they are automatically in a lobby chat, without IRC (means, they won t run away!)
- corresponding with the website (log in / register / challenge / enter results.... all should be possible in this launcher)
- Means: launcher = front-end for website usage game!!!
- easy GUI
- SWOS looking! People like it, and have more reasons NOT to run away

How to proceed upon pressing PLAY AMIGA/PC SWOS needs to be discussed.
But we have Redhair s beta, and we have these command line switches from Zlatko:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?to....msg130245#msg130245

Opinions please!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #135466 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: New Game Lobby
The idea and your layout is great, but who is going to make it? I agree that Redhair s beta launcher is good start, but does he have time to develop it further?

You could also split people up before entering the channel into pc/amiga version. So that you have 2 or more channels ie Classic/sega version too.

Or create a checkbox for Amiga and PC (at login stage) before entering the channel (also editable when you have joined). If checked you are available for that type of game, and a small colored icon could be present next to your name in the chat. This way people would know if you are interested in playing PC, Amiga, both or just idling in the chat (which should also be possible of course). Lets say you want to challenge a player for ooo and you click twice on him to send a challenge. If he have both PC and Amiga selected the challenger have to select which game he wants to play. If only one of them is selected it automatically choses this game for the challenge.

I assume you are planning that all these challenges will be ooo/league but how should system know which is played at what time? I guess if 2 players are registered in the same league or more you have to choose it from a list. I assume a checkbox or radio button. And what about friendlies?

More
7 years 6 months ago #135472 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: New Game Lobby
*moved to public*

If you have ideas/opinions, please feel free to post!

@djowger: Thanks. I will comment on your input the next days!

7 years 6 months ago #135487 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: New Game Lobby
i spoke to a coder who maybe wants to do it.

kasisoft.com/

He works in my Company and he is a great AMIGA fan.
If it is possible he would like to have the source code from redhairs last version, so that he can checkout how many work it may be.

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #135518 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: New Game Lobby

The idea and your layout is great, but who is going to make it? I agree that Redhair s beta launcher is good start, but does he have time to develop it further?

Thanks. I hope that this can be done by people from the community. Redhair, Emmeti, skaarj... we have some people who could do it. I hope they can join forces, somehow.

Last exit: someone external, like Micha suggested above!

You could also split people up before entering the channel into pc/amiga version. So that you have 2 or more channels ie Classic/sega version too.

Or create a checkbox for Amiga and PC (at login stage) before entering the channel (also editable when you have joined).

Will try to built this into next concept art. Good ideas.
But there is no room for classic/sega in this one, I guess. That would be too much and overloaded .

Or create a checkbox for Amiga and PC (at login stage) before entering the channel (also editable when you have joined). If checked you are available for that type of game, and a small colored icon could be present next to your name in the chat. This way people would know if you are interested in playing PC, Amiga, both or just idling in the chat (which should also be possible of course).

Good one, too!

If he have both PC and Amiga selected the challenger have to select which game he wants to play. If only one of them is selected it automatically choses this game for the challenge.

This sounds ideal!

I assume you are planning that all these challenges will be ooo/league but how should system know which is played at what time?

You d still have to enter results manually, in your schedule list. So system doesn t need to know what your result is for.
That s just a click anyway, and if possible in the launcher, even idiot-proof from scratch.

So, you can play friendlies at any time, with this launcher. Because you find opponents much faster (especially all those people who run away from IRC after 1 minute).

More
7 years 6 months ago #135525 by djowGer
Replied by djowGer on topic Re: New Game Lobby
Would be nice to see latency (delay) before agreeing to play too. IE a player sends you a challenge, you can to see the name/nick, and the calculated delay with p2p. This way you know what you are getting into.

More
7 years 6 months ago #135674 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: New Game Lobby
I am not a professional as the others in the list, but I could try, if noone else is already working on it, of course! Please let me know.

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds