New Member And Confused Please Help :)

More
10 years 2 months ago #122445 by westyz
Hi There!

I heard about this site and am really excited to play sensible soccer online and join in some leagues and cups but despite getting the game to play offline fine I have not been able to figure out how it is possible to join in and play with other people online.

There is a PDF on the site homepage in German which explains how to connect online but the English version is giving a 404 error and wont download. I tried to follow the German instructions but when I put the IP address in it just tries to connect and times out and wont connect. I have been in the match chat but there doesn t seem to be anyone there, I was hoping I could ask for some advice...

If someone could please help Id really appreciate it as I d really love to play the game online against everyone! :)

Thanks! Westyz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #122446 by Retrieving
well, both official matches and friendlies are arranged through the chat (sign ups for leagues and stuff are handled on the forums however), we re a tight bunch though so you shouldn t realistically expect more than 15-20 people simultaneously logged onto it at any given time (3 AM on Saturday ain t exactly peak hours either...), besides, you can t just blindly connect like that, SWOS doesn t have a server lobby like most contemporary online games, someone s got to host a match beforehand and then you d have to fill in his specific IP in order to connect to him and play (unless you re playing on server...but let s not go in there just yet for the sake of clarity).

More
10 years 2 months ago #122453 by Playaveli
As Retri said, you HAVE TO join the chatroom to meet opponents and arrange games (#sensible @ quakenet).
Use any IRC client to do so or join via webchat:
webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#sensible

A chat client is also integrated in the latest Amiga SWOS Total Pack:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/amigatotalpack/ami...wostp_v1.5_setup.exe

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds