Re: OOO, Leagues and Tournaments

More
13 years 6 months ago #90678 by Playaveli
I don t think we have, had or will have a problem with so called fake accounts .
In the last 7 years since our online gaming existance we had only 5 or 6 users who cheated with a double account.
That s such a small number, it s totally irrelevant and nothing to worry about.

So: no for nothing is my vote!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #90687 by Retrieving

One type of solution might be to give more bonus SRN based on league champ. (or runner-up, bronze). But it can be a new type of problem: to rank the leagues...

That s what I m talking about, mate. :D

We should definitely increase the bonuses for placing 1st/2nd/3rd in the official league/cups (national leagues, ISSF events, ASL) while adjusting such bonuses through a coefficient based off of the SRN s/stars of the strongest player involved in said events.

I ll make a few examples to get my point across:

If I m in the quarterfinals of a big cup and it s a KO round with 2 legs I won t go all out from the get go and focus exclusively on winning both games cause it might be risky, especially against people you ve never played before. I ll most likely spend most of the first match studying my opponent s playstyle instead and then I ll do my best to win on aggregate, because that s what European cups are about even in RL, it s a 180 minutes ordeal (that s actually what makes them cool).

If I m on the verge of playing the last match of a league and a draw would mathematically award me the title I ll just turtle up and think about not losing instead of pursuing a useless victory which may put my title at risk.

Get what I mean? As it is right now however, the system disregards both scenarios and just treats everything as a bunch of stand-alone OOO matches and then, occasionally, gifts players with bonuses that in certain cases are like 10~% of what you re putting at stakes by just playing a single match, which is just uhm...not right, imho.

More
13 years 6 months ago #90695 by Jonathant
If Playavelli thinks the fake accounts are pretty rare then I would agree not to bother. (Is Playaveli omnipotent in sensiblesoccer.de? Perhaps!). However, if there is or develops a problem, then I guess the best way is to somehow register the IP address or some such. I guess this could be problematic technically, but I know it is a system that is used on other online games - trophymanager claim to use such a thing for example....

For RetrievingSearain I think what you are suggesting is that for a two-legged cup match its only the aggregate score that should count for ranking, and I think that makes some sense. As for the league scenario, is there any SRN points benefit to league champs, I ve not experienced this myself...but then I never won any!!

More
13 years 6 months ago #90697 by Schulle
Voted for no for nothing - my reasons go in hand with Playaveli s.

13 years 6 months ago #90793 by ElMichaJ
i am happy to read this :)

because i know no other community with facts like this ^^

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds