Re: AMIGA NETHERLANDS CUP

More
16 years 5 months ago #30217 by Dj Luis
Replied by Dj Luis on topic Re: AMIGA NETHERLANDS CUP
Can anybody tell me about the equiptment where playing on (sorry for not reading all the messages on this topic to find out).
We ll bring our joy s with us.

Greetz !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #30218 by Dj Luis
Hey Rusty...!

Can you tell me about what screens we are playing on...?
I can supply a lcd projector so we could play SS on a 2x2 square meters of playing field.

Let me know....

More
16 years 5 months ago #30219 by Dj Luis
Pls tell me if you have a large white painted wall or not,otherwise i ll also will bring my projector screen with me

More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #30220 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: AMIGA NETHERLANDS CUP
As far as i know Pallister will bring one or two Amigas (1200 ?) with him. I have say i bring a keypad with me, but havent the right keys, so i can not build it, but Bomb would bring his Keypad with him (if i am right), also i bet he will bring his new PC Gameport/ Joystick to Amiga Adaptor with him. I bring a Amiga RGB to TV Cable and a Super Nintendo Controller to Amiga Adaptor with me. Also i bring a Mega Drive and Pro Pad with me.

Hey Rusty...!

Can you tell me about what screens we are playing on...?
I can supply a lcd projector so we could play SS on a 2x2 square meters of playing field.

Let me know....

And another good news, today i bought a 2nd hand TV with almost the same size as the other one, so thats nice.

Hmm best would to play on TV not on Beamer (Beamer would be nice to watch for the audience but not to play).

More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #30221 by Dj Luis
@Haifu

Have you ever played SS on a beamer?
If you keep a couple of meters of distance you would never get back to a small tv,believe me...!
It really changes your look on SS.
And it s great for the audience also,you don t want 12 people to stare at 1 one small tele while the final is going on right?

More
16 years 5 months ago #30223 by Wänä81
To play on a beamer ,you must sit away 15metres from the wall. That´s not really cool. For the watching audience is it better to watch the matches on the beamer and the two players can concentrate themselfes on the TV.
We have it on the MDC and the SensiDays.

Fuck , i will come , but.....ARGH

More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #30224 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: AMIGA NETHERLANDS CUP
You know I don t play in this tournament and I am far from telling anybody what to do there.
Just my thoughts on the monitor/beamer issue:

I would never play SWOS on a beamer. Reason: Bigger picture = bigger pixels = unsharp!
And it is not necessarily good for audience I think.
Amiga SWOS is best played on proper Amiga monitors, imo only. Perfect picture, sharp pixels. And: Original AMIGA! :)

And remember, the closer the audience is together, the more intense the feeling atmosphere is!
Just remember Lobo s support on the Days. Packed behind the players. Or the Danks dudes... etc!

Have a nice tournament, looking forward to results, pics and reports.

My bets:
Semifinalist: Lobo, Palli, Bomb, Swoozh!
Final: Lobo vs. Pallister! (if they do not meet in semis)
Winner: Lobo! (no matter on who he meets)

PS: Despite my words, this looks comfortable: host.ring23.com/playaveli/swos50zolltv.jpg

;)

More
16 years 5 months ago - 16 years 5 months ago #30228 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: AMIGA NETHERLANDS CUP

Have a nice tournament, looking forward to results, pics and reports.

My bets:
Semifinalist: Lobo, Palli, Bomb, Swoozh!
Final: Lobo vs. Pallister! (if they do not meet in semis)
Winner: Lobo! (no matter on who he meets)

PS: Despite my words, this looks comfortable: host.ring23.com/playaveli/swos50zolltv.jpg

;)

Thx. Your votes sounds logical, but you never know with surprises on offline cups :)

To play on a beamer ,you must sit away 15metres from the wall. That´s not really cool. For the watching audience is it better to watch the matches on the beamer and the two players can concentrate themselfes on the TV.
We have it on the MDC and the SensiDays.

f*** , i will come , but.....ARGH

You finally come? If yeas great news.
Ans yes that is what i mean what Wänä says. To play on beamer is no solution for me, but great for audience to watch as i said :)
I hope i am not the only one who can bring a Amiga RGB to TV Adaptor to the cup (have only one, hope the TVs have RGB). The normal Amiga to TV Adaptor is really unsharp and not funny to play.

So we are 12 players now. That means we play this mode (if we really play the modes from my site, like Rusty said - www.stremlau.eu/hairfu/modes.html):

If there are 2 or more Groups in 1st round, the group will be drawn and the players are seeded by a ranking (we inform the ranking before the cup start). If there are two or more foreigners, they will be in a different pot and drawn unformly to the groups.

12 Players

- 2 groups with 6 players (2x against each other in group)
- Place 5 - 6 of each group plaing in a group for the places 9 - 12 (2x against each other)
- Place 1 - 4 of each group are in quarterfinal (2 legs)
- Losers of quarterfinals playing in a loser semifinal for the places 5 - 8 (2 legs) |winner of loser semi playing for 5th place (2 legs) - losers of loser semi playing game for 7th place (2 legs)
- Winners of quarterfinal playing in a semi for places 1 - 4 (2 legs)

90 Matches

More
16 years 5 months ago #30261 by Rusty1979
Replied by Rusty1979 on topic Re: AMIGA NETHERLANDS CUP
Hey DJ Luis,

Nice that you and Rain are coming too!
How late do you arrive and do you sleep here?

Please let me know.

Further: I have 2 tv s. But i have a big white wall for a beamer. But its better for the players to play at the TV s.

@HairFu: is RGB the same as Scart?

More
16 years 5 months ago #30262 by Rusty1979
Replied by Rusty1979 on topic Re: AMIGA NETHERLANDS CUP

f*** , i will come , but.....ARGH

Wat does this mean....:S

Time to create page: 0.736 seconds