SWOS UEFA EURO 2020/2021 - Sign Up

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #145085 by TierneyLFC90
Hi everyone :-)

I've been given permission by ElMichahJ to carry out this tournament on the AMIGA (ONLINE).

We are currently running the exact same tournament over on XBOX (but with the 2020-2021 tournament) and it is proving to be really exciting and fun!

I would need 16 players for it to work.

As soon as we got the 16 players I would do a draw to see who gets who.

It will be a fun cup and won't count towards any sort of ranking. But you would obviously be given a Gold or Silver medal on your profile if you are the Winner or Runner-Up of the tournament.

PLEASE read the rules carefully below to make sense of this competition as it is different to what you might think....

If you are genuinely interested and promise to play out your games then sign up below with your website username :-)

THIS IS HOW THE TOURNAMENT WORKS:

(1) Each of you will be drawn a team out (a team that is competing in the real life tournament). The team you are given will determine which group you are assigned to (all groups will be exactly the same as the real life tournament). For example; If I drew England in the draw and Player B drew Holland we would both be in the same group alongside whoever drew Scotland and whoever drew Switzerland (this replicates the real life Group A).

(2) You would then play each other in your group TWICE using the team you were assigned with (ONCE) and the team your opponent was assigned with (ONCE). For example: I would use England and Holland (ONCE each) against Player B and he would use them (ONCE each) against myself.
The 4 Group Winners and 4 Group Runner-Up's would advance to the 'Round Of 16' (just like the real life tournament).
If we have a situation where a certain position in the group table can't be decided outright and the points total, goal difference, goals scored and goals against are ALL the same. I would look at the aggregate score between the players in question and see who scored the most out of the two games you played against each other to see who progresses.
If this is still the same, a play-off may be required.

The knockout rounds schedule would work exactly as the real life tournament.

(3) If you were to qualify for the knockout rounds you would use the team you were assigned in the draw and the team your opponent was assigned in the draw (ONCE each) (the same as the group stages).
The higher placed player in the group stages would get to choose which team they use first. For example; Player B wins Group A (he was assigned Holland in the draw) and Player E is Runner-Up of Group B (he was assigned France in the draw), these two would meet in the 1st Knockout Round (as this is the schedule in real life) but Player B as Group Winner would get to choose if he uses Holland or France for the 1st Leg and then the other team for the 2nd Leg.
If scores are level on aggregate after the two games, you would alternate in the replay tie, so the team you used in the 1st Leg would now be the team you use in the 2nd Leg.

(4) For the Quarter-Finals onwards the player with the best Goal Difference at this point in the tournament would get to decide who uses what team first.
If the Goal Difference is the same it would go to Goals Scored, if this is the same it would be done via live draw.

Obviously if you are using a team like Turkey for a game against for example Germany, you are very unlikely to win (although it's not impossible). But the key will be to defend for your life to keep the score down as low as possible with the weaker side (Turkey) and to then try to rack the goals up using the far superior side (Germany).
It's all about scoring loads with the stronger teams and defending like a lion with the lesser teams to keep the score down and maybe even nick a draw or win that will determine how far you go in this tournament!
More than likely it will be the goal difference that decides who goes through to the knockout stages due to the nature of the tournament.

RULES:
* 3 Minute Matches
* 3/5 Subs
* Random Pitch Condition
* Disconnect Rule In PlaceĀ 
* Communicate With One Another Via Discord
* Matches Can Be Played In Any Set Order
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by TierneyLFC90.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Galactic Love

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #145086 by TierneyLFC90
TierneyLFC90

More
2 years 9 months ago #145088 by thd79
Nice idea, to balance out the inherent problems of using uneven teams!
The following user(s) said Thank You: TierneyLFC90

More
2 years 9 months ago #145089 by thd79
thd79 is IN

More
2 years 9 months ago #145090 by jonah01
Jonah

More
2 years 9 months ago #145091 by Anto81
I interested ti play tournament

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #145092 by Hedi
Hedi is in.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Hedi.

More
2 years 9 months ago #145094 by RazzleDazzle
Go on then Tierney :) Iā€™m in
D4RR311

More
2 years 9 months ago #145095 by Galactic Love
I would like to participate - Galactic Love

More
2 years 9 months ago #145097 by bobbiebobras
Join Bobbiebobras

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds