Re: Check DATA files online!

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 6 days ago #133196 by higgipoker
I m working on a prototype that might be handy in the future. You can upload your team file and check the data without having to load the game:

swosdata.higgis.at

1. Login as guest.
2. Go to the My Data section.
3. Use the form at the bottom to upload a file. First choose files then upload (for now, there is a limit to 10 uploads at once).
4. Select the upload data set from the list and click the Set button.
5. Use the Browse or Search menu to see your data.

Every time you upload a new file, remember to use the Set button to load in the data again.

All uploaded files are automatically added to the upload data set and you don t need a full data set. For example, upload only your TEAM.008 file and all leagues except England will have no data.

Please let me know if you give it a try and it works!

Note - since everyone is sharing the guest account for now, your file will be overwritten if someone else uploads the same file after you - so it s only for testing at this stage.

In future I want to add the missing data (team kits, player face/hair etc) and and the edit/export function so you can actually edit existing sets and download for the game.

For example we could have the master data set from here when it is finished, un-editable, which people could make their own edits to for personal use.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #133197 by Playaveli
*splitted*

Thanks for this, higgipoker.

More
7 years 10 months ago #133211 by higgipoker
So I m working on converting this into a full on sql database but I have a couple questions about the format.

First, from here as a guide:

ysoccer.sourceforge.net/fformat.htm

anybody know what player position in file in the team structure means?

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #133214 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Check DATA files online!
@higgipoker

This is Real Madrid in 1996/97 Database, tactic 4-3-3:
NRNPosRole
11GK
1212GK
22RB
65LB
1313LB
43D
34D
106RW
119LW
57M
1414M
1515M
88A
710A
1616A
911A

1 GK , 2 RB, 5 LB, 6RW 9LW the rest fill the remaining positions in the middle (obviously it depends on the tactic you select), 12-16 position in bench.

so this team in 4-3-3 is:

3 4
2 5
6 9
10 8

as 5-2-3 the players will move this way:

7 4
2 5
10 8
6 9

More
7 years 10 months ago #133215 by higgipoker
I m *almost* with you, thanks! I didn t know it was related to the tactic.

A couple of stupid questions to clarify please... :p

First, this data block is 15 bytes long, but there are 11 starting players and 16 total players, what is the correspondence?

Having looked at the hex, I guess the first two (goalkeepers) players are not assigned here?

So is it that the tactics file has 16 slots from 0 to 15, the first 2 players automatically go in slots 0 and 11, with the rest being filled in the order specified by the bytes in the data file?

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #133216 by Emmeti
Replied by Emmeti on topic Re: Check DATA files online!
Example: AC MILAN
000205060407090C080E0F01030AOBOD

player with index 00 is : SEBASTIANO ROSSI then NPOS = 1
player with index 02 is : PANUCCI then NPOS = 2
player with index 05 is : MALDINI then NPOS = 3
player with index 0D is: BAGGIO then NPOS = 16

Edit:

A couple of years ago I created a simple application (.NET, far from being complete) to export swos database (TEAM.XXX files) to xml , that allowed me to upload swos db data to a mssql database very quickly.
Not sure when I ll find the time but my intention is to create a small site with all the databases and also with info like the one in this post for people that want to know more about swos db. Maybe providing a guide and some tools (or useful links).
I like that yoda page, there are other 2 - 3 websites with similar info, but they re old , also I would prefer to have all that info in one place.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #133219 by higgipoker
Great thanks. I had pretty much the same idea.

I now have the teams, players, nationalities, positions, tactics, colors and values in simple sql tables.

Here s the schema (not all relationships are in yet):

Eventually I want to make it possible to maintain and export the database online. So there could be a master database for online play, and users could tweak it as they like and export a version for personal use.

P.S. anybody who mentions third normal form is getting a slap... : ]

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #133234 by higgipoker
Important: The upload feature is now offline, as the site has been modified to read the data from a mySQL database. Nobody was using it anyway :p

I have a team and player importer ready for when the new update files are finished!

The squads are now displayed in the correct swos tactic order.

More
7 years 10 months ago #133235 by higgipoker
I now have all data displayed on the team page (I think!). Let me know if there s anything missing.

When anyone is finished with a team file, let me know and I ll make a database with the new files.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #133236 by higgipoker
The star rating and modern value is calculated dynamically for my own use, you can ignore those :) Anybody know how the game calcs the star ratings?

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds