Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)

• AgeOfDawn
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #123915 by AgeOfDawn
Replied by AgeOfDawn on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
I tried this one in Dosbox for Mac. I copied the 3 files to SWOS dir and executed patchit.com, choosing option 1. It didn t work. It says it can t find/write SWOS exe or something like that.
Nevertheless, I ve found an .exe named swsengpp.exe which I could successfully execute. I get the special menu opion called swos++ with multiplayer option. However the multiplayer option shows a green window with nothing on it. Do I have to configure anything in Dosbox to get networking working ? Or is the network support in swos++ still to come ?

BTW, I used Boxer as a Doxbox frontend.
boxer.washboardabs.net/
It is very good! But to play SWOS in a realistic speed, I had to decrease the CPU speed to 20k cycles or less, otherwise you get super-human speeds :-P

Still, this is great news. If this project keeps moving, I ll definitly donate to it.

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #123916 by Playaveli
To play multiplayer, you need to talk to an opponent first! You don t find one looking into this game lobby. And probably IPX was not started.
Come to the chatroom. ;)

webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#sensible (or use any irc client of your choice to join #sensible @ quakenet)

9 years 11 months ago #123917 by ElMichaJ
by the way ... i will add some paypal donation stuff which is divided from community ... to support THIS really great SHIT =) which will make my wife in spe a bit angry :D ... maybe ^^

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123918 by olesio
Replied by olesio on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Why people here ignores mine and @Playaveli posts? What is the problem to download rar archive from my site and use it? Or just if someone want to use only game files, copy content of GAME subdirectory only. Why people if have problems with patchit.com do not want to use my ready exec and if they download eearly version without new SOWS++ applied, copy only mentioned *.bin files from zip archive with new version? Because executable with old SWOS++ version aplied did not changed. Only *.bin files must be updated. Keep that fact in mind! Why they do not want to fast edit own DOSBox config file to simply make sure that ipx=true entry is in [ipx] section? Dudes, you all got brains to use it. So use it please and do not create some new problems, where they are not exists. And I know my English is poor. But I have only 4 years education with English in basic school so maybe it is faster way to some of you to learn Polish in that case. so comunication will be easy, heh? :P But probable sometimes even more than 4 years of learning Polish language for foreginers, may be not enought to use it in good way ;) Thanks all for your attention :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #123919 by m.c.t.
Replied by m.c.t. on topic Re: PC SWOS online (++ beta)
Ok, i managed to set up everything but its too late now so there is no one online... I will visit every chance I get to experiance PC ONLINE SWOS :) Great job Zlatko! :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #123921 by PIOOTREK86
Olesio!

Chill out! Not all ppl r so perfect like u!

More
9 years 11 months ago #123925 by Playaveli
@Olesio, somebody who speaks 5 languages fluidly can still be a computer-no-hopper! ;)
To make this online version finally accessible to the normal user , we need some one-click-launcher with idiot-proof layout.

More
9 years 11 months ago #123926 by olesio
@piootrek86: I m not perfect. I just want all dudes here just read and think a little bit ;)

@Playaveli: hmmm, so some more things need to be set up? I thought only IPX must be enabled. And I make ready to launch compilation . Just drag executable on desktop to create shortcut for easy usage. And probable that s all to do. Ofcourse, even some YouTube movie tutorial can be made. But make movies about how to launch programs. Sttange, what next? Tutorials about how to turn on computer and use keyboard maybe? ;)

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #123931 by Playaveli
We need also auto setups for Hosting and connecting! At best, some own dosbox frontend only for online Swos.
Typing commands ( ipxnet connect x.x.x.x port ) in dosbox is not idiot-proof!
See: www.dosbox.com/wiki/Connectivity

More
9 years 11 months ago #123945 by olesio
I tried in hurry before leaving to work. And ofcourse on localhost with myself all works fine. And i read that wiki article, but I do not get it how to use external IP. Because IPX as far as I know is for Internal LAN connections only. And when I typed my host or external IP with witch I am recognised by external servers, I cannot establish connection. So it is really a problem to handle it correctly. Maybe tomorrow we can meet on #sensible and try to handle this. And then I can prepare some version to easy usage online and maybe some launcher to easy setup net stuff.

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds