Help need for AMIGA GAME

More
10 years 5 months ago #121747 by Sahry
Hello,
Can someone help me please.
I want to copy the sensible game for the 2 disks and play the on my amiga 500.
can someone send me the files please or tell me where is the topic that´s explain that
Thanks.
Best regards.

Sahry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121753 by olesio
Replied by olesio on topic Re: Help need for AMIGA GAME
Which version you want to copy? Remember wersion, which we use online is it designed as far as I know for at leeast Amiga 600, but Amiga 1200 is prefered. I recommand to use these adfs downloaded from planetemu.net and renamed. If you want to play SWOS 96/97. This version do not need old disk from previous version.

olesio.eu/wrocek/swos_1.adf
olesio.eu/wrocek/swos_2.adf

For copying adfs I can only describe that technique for Amiga 1200 with HDD. For Amiga 500 is it hard in current times. Because you cannot connect HDD to old model Amiga like 500 and it is hard to use some utilities. You need some WB 1.3 disk and cable and util to transfer adfs to RAM by Serial cable. But it take many time and free memory of 500 model may be not enough.

The best way is to ask some people on EAB forum from your region to send you floppies which they can prepare on their Amigas with some better configurations. Because for example I know only one person in my Country (Poland), who owns CatWeasel PCI and can record Amiga floppies on PC.

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121755 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: Help need for AMIGA GAME
All you have to do is:
1. to download adfs with the games, there are many sites which offer them for free ;D (this is pretty simple);
2. to transfer these adfs (their contents) on a real floppy disk (this is not that simple and may be a painful proces with A500 with no harddrive or external floppy).

More about it here:
sandboard.50webs.com/tutorial/amiga_adf.html
www.lemonamiga.com/help/faq_crossplatform.php

Or you can buy a floppy drive emulator for ~70 euros, connect it to your Amiga instead of floppy drive and simply transfer any adf from your pc via cable.

Or forget both and play SWOS on your PC ;D There are no autosave highlights and no players names in the corner in non-AGA SWOS, just for your information.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121756 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Help need for AMIGA GAME
Amiga 600 is not faster then Amiga 500. Only difference is that it has ESC graphics (which is nearly used by no game). So SWOS 96/97, which we used to play offline, works fine on an Amiga 500. Only difference to Amiga 1200 is, that it has sometimes slowdowns, when to many details are on the screen.

To transfer between PC and Amiga 500 and convert it to amiga disks, maybe this link can help you? - www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=32405

• sensipla
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121758 by sensipla
Replied by sensipla on topic Re: Help need for AMIGA GAME
Amiga 600 can use CF card as a harddrive, its not possible yet with A500 (needs the original hard disk to be used and its not not easy to find working one and if so, price is very high for that heavy old junk :) ), so I think this is the reason why olesio mentioned A600.

Slowdnows occur but I think (not sure) they happen only when the ball is out of the play and the crowds groan about the ball missing the goal, never during the game. Do I remember it right HairFu?

More
10 years 5 months ago #121761 by Synchronated
There are occasional in-game slowdowns on A500 and A600; most often when the ball is lofted in the air and at corners. These can be somewhat annoying and are gone on A1200. Also there are extra highlights options and an on-screen player-in-possession name that only appear on A1200 IIRC (although it s so long since I touched a lower spec I m not sure what causes/enables the difference... at least, there are two versions of the game depending on your hardware or emulator settings).

More
10 years 5 months ago #121816 by Sahry
Replied by Sahry on topic Re: Help need for AMIGA GAME

All you have to do is:
1. to download adfs with the games, there are many sites which offer them for free ;D (this is pretty simple);
2. to transfer these adfs (their contents) on a real floppy disk (this is not that simple and may be a painful proces with A500 with no harddrive or external floppy).

More about it here:
sandboard.50webs.com/tutorial/amiga_adf.html
www.lemonamiga.com/help/faq_crossplatform.php

Or you can buy a floppy drive emulator for ~70 euros, connect it to your Amiga instead of floppy drive and simply transfer any adf from your pc via cable.

Or forget both and play SWOS on your PC ;D There are no autosave highlights and no players names in the corner in non-AGA SWOS, just for your information.

Hi,
Thank you for your support.
I´m going to try to transfer this files directly from a computer to the floppy disk and then try it on Amiga 500.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121817 by Sahry
Replied by Sahry on topic Re: Help need for AMIGA GAME
Thx olesio, MlLANlSTA, HairFU, Synchronated.
Best Regards

• armia741
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 3 months ago #122578 by armia741
Replied by armia741 on topic Re: Help need for AMIGA GAME
Playing SWOS on PC is good option too.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds