Re: SWOS 18/19

• Luchino
  • Luchino's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #140255 by Luchino
Replied by Luchino on topic Re: SWOS 18/19

the leagues have to contain the original structure no matter what so if the league has 12 it has to have 12 not 10
if its not correct the game will crash in career mode no matter what league is wrong so if one league has one team out of place it crashes
so just make sure you follow the original league structures...

I have tried the game and the career does not crash. also the Italian serie a, if I m not mistaken, daddywarhol did it to 20 instead of 18 teams ... then if you want 12 teams, add them, I keep it like 10 teams because it works

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #140256 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: SWOS 18/19

the leagues have to contain the original structure no matter what so if the league has 12 it has to have 12 not 10
if its not correct the game will crash in career mode no matter what league is wrong so if one league has one team out of place it crashes

I have tried the game and the career does not crash. also the Italian serie a, if I m not mistaken, daddywarhol did it to 20 instead of 18 teams ... then if you want 12 teams, add them, I keep it like 10 teams because it works

Have you try just a few matches in career mode or a few seasons?

• Luchino
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #140257 by Luchino

Have you try just a few matches in career mode or a few seasons?

I tried more seasons. I confirm that even Daddywarhol who made the Italian file has 20 teams in Serie A instead of 18, and it works correctly. just go to SwosEditor / Amiga / Team for League and change the number of teams. easy

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #140258 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: SWOS 18/19
Then there must be a difference to other updates. In the past when somebody made an update file for SWOS and make a league bigger or smaller then in original SWOS 96/97 it crashed in career mode.
Have you try it out on:

- original Amiga Hardware (amiga 500, 600, 1200 ...)
- original MS-DOS Hardware (486, Pentium 120Mhz and so on)
- Amiga Emulator (WinUAE and so on)
- DOS Box
- SWOS Online Version

?

[...]you must provide to change the number of teams to 10 in SwosEditor. ;)

Is it what have to done only by the man who edit the files or do everyone who wants to play 18/19 update it on there own (for example I download the 18/19 update, before I can start the game without crashes, I need to go to SWOS Editor and make what you describe here)?

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #140260 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: SWOS 18/19
HairFu, it s not needed to try on all those systems.
When number of teams are altered, you also need to alter the exe (DOS) and SWOS2 (Amiga) files.

If you do not change them, the game crashes in the first post-season process.
An Italian team file with 20 teams does NOT work, it crashes no matter what... (if you use original SWOS96/97 exe/SWOS2).

Anyway, Luchino, it would be nice if you could spare us a lot of work, if you reconfigure all your updates to match 96/97 original structure and team numbers! Because the new TOTAL PACK will only support those!

• daddywarhol
  • daddywarhol's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #140262 by daddywarhol
Replied by daddywarhol on topic Re: SWOS 18/19
France update with few corrections (Rc Lens and Ogc Nice)
Attachments:

• Luchino
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #140263 by Luchino

When number of teams are altered, you also need to alter the exe (DOS) and SWOS2 (Amiga) files.

An Italian team file with 20 teams does NOT work, it crashes no matter what... (if you use original SWOS96/97 exe/SWOS2).

Anyway, Luchino, it would be nice if you could spare us a lot of work, if you reconfigure all your updates to match 96/97 original structure and team numbers! Because the new TOTAL PACK will only support those!

sorry, this topic was born with the intention of creating the 18/19 season and not the Total pac. the intention is to create the 18/19 season most real possible. those who do not like the files that I and others are doing can always modify them with swos editor and do them as you pleasure... but my desire is to have a season 18/19 more real possible

More
5 years 6 months ago #140270 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: SWOS 18/19

sorry, this topic was born with the intention of creating the 18/19 season and not the Total pac. the intention is to create the 18/19 season most real possible. those who do not like the files that I and others are doing can always modify them with swos editor and do them as you pleasure... but my desire is to have a season 18/19 more real possible

Fair point!

But still, if you want your updates to endure (why wouldn t you want that, since it s a shitload of work!!) please provide us with team files compatible with 96/97 structure. It should be easy for you, since you are working on them anyway.

• Betichus
  • Betichus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #140271 by Betichus
Replied by Betichus on topic Re: SWOS 18/19
Spain is 80% done. I try to finish on a few days.

• Luchino
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 6 months ago #140275 by Luchino
who is doing England?

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds