SWOS on XP - Tutorial (CD-Rom final)

More
19 years 1 week ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2090 by Playaveli
If you want to get your SWOS CD-Rom Version *click* working properly with Sound and Joystick (also USB) on XP, then follow the instruction below!

This tutorial works perfectly for all CD-Rom versions of SWOS, as I have tested them:

First of all, install SWOS from your CD on harddrive! This should work also on XP, as I have never had any problems with that! (If you have problems, just look at the troubleshooting underneath, write me an email, or contact me on a messenger!)

In this Installation avoid any configuration. Just install it, then exit setup!

Now, you need this Version of VDMSound (2.1), Download:
files.swos.eu/pic/vdmsound.exe

-- Install VDMSound with ALL features! Important!

Now go to your SWOS directory (e.g.: C:\games\swos) and make a RIGHT-CLICK on the install.exe

Take the option:

Now setup a custom config (click next ):

Now create a new configuration (click next ):

On the next screen click on the following button:

Now make the the following options as shown on the screenshots!

The other options are OK! Leave them as they are! Now click OK (to close the advanced options), and then Next :

Remember your settings and go ahead!

[glow=red,2,300]-- Now you can configure your soundblaster and setup your joystick! --[/glow]

To play SWOS, do the same procedure with SWS.exe (or whatever it is called)! And make exactly the same settings!

I give a guarantee that SWOS runs smoothly on XP with these settings! It may be a bit complicated to setup, but it is absolutely worth it!!!

---

TROUBLESHOOTING:

-- CD not found / Cannot install SWOS on harddrive:
  • Choose your 2nd CD/DVD-drive if you have 2 of them.
  • When starting SWOS press F for (Fail) if cd is not found.

-- Sound is not working:
  • Check advanced VDMS options, tab Soundblaster . Try to use a different Output.
  • Start install.exe with VDMS and setup a Soundblaster pro 100% comp. Use Auto-Detect.

-- Joystick is not working:
  • Make sure that your controller has no analogue sticks. If it has just switch them off.
  • If you have at least 2 joysticks/-pads connected to your PC, make sure that your prefered controller for SWOS is activated as standard for old programs in windows control panel.

-- SWOS crashes whenever a replay starts in game:
  • Just switch off the auto-replays in the SWOS menu options.

-- SWOS runs very slow:
  • While SWOS is running press the Windows button or Alt+Tab and stay a few minutes in windows (maybe write an email ;) ). The longer you will stay out of SWOS the longer it will run fast and on spot. After a while just go back in SWOS by choosing the task again.

PS: Forget about all Dos-Boxes... ::)

This is a locked topic! If you have any questions please contact me on my email or on any messenger! Thanks...

Greetz,

Playaveli!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132124 by Cam F
Can you please upload the screenshots for setting up VDM sound again for the custom settings as can t get it to work on default so need the custom settings!!!

Awesome work guys.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132125 by Playaveli

Can you please upload the screenshots for setting up VDM sound again for the custom settings as can t get it to work on default so need the custom settings!!!

Awesome work guys.

I could do that.
But I suggest you to use this version instead:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=25971.0

It s all preconfigured to run without CD.

More
8 years 2 months ago #132129 by Playaveli
Updated topic, picture links working!

More
8 years 2 months ago #132148 by Cam F
Outstanding, a big thank you!

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds