SWOS memories

More
15 years 11 months ago #41146 by torpedo
SWOS memories was created by torpedo
After an impressive start at the last Sensible Days (2-0 win over Peter from ISSA, and bit unlucky - with a goal conceded in 89th minute of a game - 1-1 draw with Pallister) my expectations were high enough to see myself finishing at least 4th in a group, thus qualifying for a second chance group. While I was anyway expecting to get beaten by Peter in a rematch, and more than sure to lose both matches against MCT from Serbia, i thought that these 4 points i got in two matches, may be very important at the end.

And suddenly this dream started to fade away. Losing four consecutive matches, even when I don t consider myself a SWOS star was a bit of shock. That meant i ve just managed to level my worst tournament achievment, and honestly, with all the respect for the guys - it wasn t even with the top-flight opponents (apart from later-to-be finalist MCT)! So, things were looking really bad.

Then there was another game, with czech star Karlos, surely the contender for a top spot in our group. The last chance for me to reborn! If i would be able to win or draw, that will still leave some chances to get that damn 4th place. I have to admit, it weren t the skills i was planning to use in order to leave Karlos disappointed after the game; no, it was my will to win. Aggresion. Will power. Will to survive. Will to fight.

Have a look at that defining moment of my last year s sensible days campaign! I m playing in yellow/green kits, with Karlos in orange and red:
[flash=425,350]www.youtube.com/v/3DcIQqaYGrg[/flash]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 10 months ago #45625 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic Re: SWOS memories
Nice memories, Mika!
This year your chances to qualify for the KO round are bigger. Go for it.

More
15 years 10 months ago #45630 by Pallister
Replied by Pallister on topic Re: SWOS memories
I have another memory. It was the Offline-Tourney where I met Lobo. A star was born (or detected ;D ).

Starting the ADF for Danish SWOS Club ;D

Kicker and me

Kicker, Oli O. and me one the ferry

Kicker in action

Me vs a danish guy

Sweet Kicker ;D

SPIR vs Oli O.

DjowGer and Kicker

SPIR and me in semi

DjowGer and me for 3rd place

The big final between Lobo and SPIR....a star is born :D

Lobo celebrating place 2

All 3 Cup-winners

Me and my 3rd place cup

Final pic with our danish hosts

Tour back on the ferry

More
15 years 10 months ago #45645 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: SWOS memories
You made me blush now. ::) ;D

It was indeed a great tournament with a craziest imaginable final.

Shame I didn t get a chance to play Spir again. Hope he will come back one day ;)

More
15 years 10 months ago #45701 by atheista
Replied by atheista on topic Re: SWOS memories
Whoa, nice pics Palli. I didn t know that Lobo is using a QuickShot joystick, just like I used to have on my old Amiga. :) Cheers Lobo and take good care of the joy. I managed to kill mine a long time ago. ;)

More
15 years 10 months ago - 15 years 10 months ago #45704 by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic Re: SWOS memories
@ Atheista

I m trying but those babies are so vulnerable. === forum.sensiblesoccer.info/index.php?topic=791.15 : (

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds