SWOS field size

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 3 weeks ago #143162 by bosy
SWOS field size was created by bosy
Have you ever wondered what is SWOS actual field size? The penalty box, the goal etc. Is it accurate? For example if to take 1 meter from the 11 meters to the penalty point.

EDIT:

Ok I checked it myself because you are lamers who don't even care. If 1 meter is 10 pixels (according to the penalty point which is 110 pixels from the goal in such scale), the penalty box is ~ 17 meters x 57 meters, the infield is 6 meters x 25 meters, the field is 128 x 102 meters and the goal is 3.5 meters x 14 meters. The player is 2.5 meters x 1 meter.

The real field size is ~ 16.5 meters x 40 meters for the penalty box, 5.5 x 18 meters for the infield, 120 x 90 (105 x 68 nowadays) for the field and 2.5 meters x 7.5 meters for the goal.

So it's unpropotional. To make it more accurate, the SWOS field should be 128/85 (which would be more than maximum so 120x80, but simply 105 x 68 in nowadays size would make it half of the current field!). The other parameters are standard, so the penalty box should be slightly shorter and narrower, the infield should be at lest narrower and slightly shorter as well, the goal is twice the width and should be the height of a player! And the players are actually giants.

EDIT2:

I've opend the field in another program and the penalty point was actually 70 pixels from the goal, which would make everything even different. The penalty box is ~ 16.5 meters x 54 meters, the infield is 5.5 meters x 22.5 meters, the field is 116 meters x 92 meters and the goal is 13 meters x 3 meters. Now I'm not 100% sure if it's accurate either. That would make the player 2.8 meters x 1.5 meter.

The ball is round and the goals are two - Casimir Montane
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by bosy. Reason: lame swos community who don't care

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #143261 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS field size
Forget the dimensions... Barcelona's pitch in Nou Camp for example is way bigger than for example Bayern's in the Allianz Arena.
And apart from that, it's SWOS` magic that the dimension just look right.. even if they are not. :)

Interesting topic. :)

More
4 years 1 week ago #143322 by sokratees9
Replied by sokratees9 on topic SWOS field size
Ok, so all you are saying is the pemalty box should be deeper, and once that is done it would bring most of the other dimensions into proportion.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #143324 by bosy
Replied by bosy on topic SWOS field size
@playaveli yeah i know, because there were maximum standards, 120x90 or smaller but never square. i remember arsenal had smaller field as well, they were basically in the penalty box all the time on their stadium when i was watching them in a champions league. but now an official standard is 105x68 for the world cup etc.

@sokratees9 not really because it wouldn't be proportional i guess and i don't know if the penalty box should be shorter for sure because i was making fast calculations.

the 3 meter players are making 9 meter jumps :d

+ if you'd like to play football during some swos contests etc. you could make the pitch with the swos proportions :)

The ball is round and the goals are two - Casimir Montane
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by bosy.

More
3 years 1 week ago #144846 by thd79
Replied by thd79 on topic SWOS field size
I was interested in this, and measured the pitch as well. I found that the pitch is 520 pixels wide from touchline to touchline (inclusive) and 642 pixels long (this is the playing area only, not including out of bounds). So the aspect ratio of a Swos pitch is 1 : 0.81, and if we were to 'normalise' the length at 100m long, it would be 81m wide. A little bit ''fatter' than most pitches.

With the Amiga, you see up to 64% of the pitch horizontally on screen and 42% of the pitch vertically. But this brings me onto another question - taking the length of the pitch as 100m, what is the fastest that a SWOS player can run? As in meters/second, or indeed best time for 100m? What's the SWOS Men's 100m world record? :)

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds