Home team advantage ?

More
5 years 1 day ago #141305 by Cool_amigaN
Hey there, over the last 3 years at the amicamp show in Athens, we have run 3 offline sensi tournaments using swos edition 16/17 (you can check some photos / results here , here and here ).

We use (more or less) the rules from the official sensi days tournament (minus custom tactics), so in the 1st stage we have 3 to 4 diy leagues consisted by 5 to 4 players (depending on total attendance of 15 or 16 players), whereas each player plays twice (home/away) whith one another.

Since we keep analytical data of every game (more than 200 in total) I ve checked that out of the total 10 groups (of the 1st stage) that have been played so far, 8 out of 10 times home team would win with a pecrntage of 45 to 60% (1 time home - away were equal and 1 time away won by 50 to 40%).

Home - away on the other hand, doesn t have any correlation on knock out rounds that follow (diy cups).

While I am trying to figure out how to run a pearson correlation on SPSS with the data available (if anyone has an ide,a pls drop it here), I would like to ask whether anyone knows if swos poses a handicap on the away team during leagues. Also, whether this home advantage has been spotted on official sensi days as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds