What is a synonym for "Sensible" in the Sensible Soccer?

More
7 years 4 months ago #135934 by Tomplus
I play SWOS many years, but always intrigued me the name of the developers of Sensible Software.

What exactly is this name? Translating into my language, Polish do not know really how to use the equivalent of the word?

The following examples from the dictionary:
www.thesaurus.com/browse/sensible?s=t
or
en.oxforddictionaries.com/thesaurus/sensible

Synonyms for sensible adj realistic, reasonable (which of them is better?)

practical, realistic, responsible, full of common sense, reasonable, rational, logical, sound, circumspect, balanced, sober, no-nonsense, pragmatic, level-headed, serious-minded, thoughtful, commonsensical, down-to-earth, wise, prudent, mature
judicious, sagacious, sharp, shrewd, far-sighted, intelligent, clever

after 20 years for me is synonymous with a good game, a cult fun and pixel art :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #135938 by Playaveli

Synonyms for sensible adj realistic, reasonable (which of them is better?)

practical, realistic, responsible, full of common sense, reasonable, rational, logical, sound, circumspect, balanced, sober, no-nonsense, pragmatic, level-headed, serious-minded, thoughtful, commonsensical, down-to-earth, wise, prudent, mature
judicious, sagacious, sharp, shrewd, far-sighted, intelligent, clever

The game s so great and ambivalent... Just because all of those synonyms make perfect sense! Maybe not sober when you play Offline events! ;D

More
7 years 4 months ago #136208 by Romanista
Yeah, Always loed the word sensible, since it Always had some irony in sensible software, with their weird games like wizkid..

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #136209 by Romanista
I checked the sensible software 1986-1999 book for it..

[GP] Why did you call yourself Sensible Software. Is it supposed to mean anything?
[John Hare] Nah the name sensible software grew from one of those conversations we had when we were a bit stoned. It just came out, it just worked and sounded nice.
[GP] It s serious, ironic, alliterative
[JH] The combination of the words sensible and software was attractive to us. I find it amusing that everything was so premeditated, but it wasn t. We were just in our late teens without any meaningful jons. We liked games and we were creative. And there was a chance and we took it.

More
7 years 4 months ago #136215 by Sida79
The combination of the words sensible and software was attractive to us. - exactly what I thought.

• bevu lisa
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
7 years 2 months ago #136734 by bevu lisa

Ja, i agree. The wizkid game is pretty weird, i agree..the name sensible, i have always loved as well. It sought of always added that magical touch.

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds