SWOS - DLC feature

More
3 years 2 months ago #144675 by captaincofresi
Replied by captaincofresi on topic SWOS - DLC feature

Thanks for the quick reply, I do understand that you want to make the came as true to the original as possible. And this is really my personal taste, so yes I really want to do that and turn off the animations and just have a static boards at the top of the screen. If I remember correctly the DLC New Retro HD pitch only the middle was animated and not the side ones.

=> will send you some custom sprite file later (maybe within this week)

Thanks, that sounds good. Looking forward to it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #144686 by starwindz
Replied by starwindz on topic SWOS - DLC feature

Thanks for the quick reply, I do understand that you want to make the came as true to the original as possible. And this is really my personal taste, so yes I really want to do that and turn off the animations and just have a static boards at the top of the screen. If I remember correctly the DLC New Retro HD pitch only the middle was animated and not the side ones.

please copy the following "score.dat" to "dlc\pitch\2020 - New Retro" folder to disable revolving adboards
(please backup the original "score.dat" to preserve revolving adboards)

www.mediafire.com/file/zeh8a76d2k20hdi/score.dat/file
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144709 by captaincofresi

please copy the following "score.dat" to "dlc\pitch\2020 - New Retro" folder to disable revolving adboards

Well, I have done exactly like you said and it is only working when the ball is in play.
I am still getting revolving adboards on the start of the game and on all set pieces, like goal kicks, corners, free kicks and throw ins.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by captaincofresi. Reason: additional info

More
3 years 1 month ago #144713 by starwindz

Well, I have done exactly like you said and it is only working when the ball is in play.
I am still getting revolving adboards on the start of the game and on all set pieces, like goal kicks, corners, free kicks and throw ins.

please try another way for disabling revolving adboard of "2020 - New Retro"
1. backup \dlc\pitch\2020 - New Retro.7z to other folder
2. download following file and copy this .7z file to \dlc\pitch folder
www.mediafire.com/file/xqzv0icp3ke7jpy/2...New_Retro_HD.7z/file
3. run game via launcher
The following user(s) said Thank You: captaincofresi

More
3 years 1 month ago #144716 by captaincofresi

please try another way for disabling revolving adboard of "2020 - New Retro"
1. backup \dlc\pitch\2020 - New Retro.7z to other folder
2. download following file and copy this .7z file to \dlc\pitch folder
www.mediafire.com/file/xqzv0icp3ke7jpy/2...New_Retro_HD.7z/file
3. run game via launcher

"And there was much rejoicing! Yayyyyy!" (Monty Phyton).
Thanks so much for the effort you put in to get this working, this makes my SWOS 2020 experience very enjoyable again.

More
3 years 1 month ago - 2 years 10 months ago #144729 by captaincofresi
All in all an amazing job done here with the DLC, really loving it. I do have a small suggestion for the commentaries taken from PES 2011 by Jon Champion and ITV's Jim Beglin.

If someone has one of the newer PES games, maybe some commentary could be used by Jon Champion and ITV's Jim Beglin on VAR not stepping in on a 'dirty tackle' or 'injury but no free kick' , or the referee sticking to a 'yellow card' after checking with VAR or after the VAR looked a 'red card' was given. I think it would be a nice addtion to have a couple of those in the mix in a future version for that commentary DLC.

I wish you all the best with the development!

EDIT: After playing more SWOS and also playing the World Cups of 1974, 1978 and 2010 I now think this is a really bad idea ;-) . Since adding VAR samples to a timeless commentary pack would just ruin it. As it could no longer be used for those earlier World Cups / European Championships DIYs that the community worked so hard on to build.
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by captaincofresi. Reason: New insights

More
3 years 1 month ago #144730 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS - DLC feature
Sure, whoever supplies me with a new commentary folder or rip... I can include that!

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #144850 by captaincofresi
Great work on the DLCs from the Total Pack, I just see still one thing missing (inconsistency in ball color) and I wonder if this is already planned:

Adding the new ball colors to Team1, Team 2, Team3 and Goalkeeper, related to the DLC ball options available. So that throw ins and saves also can have the same ball color as the ball that is being used on the pitch. I would at least like it for the Yellow-21 / Yellow-and-blue-19 balls that I think are well suited for winter matches.
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by captaincofresi.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #144851 by starwindz

Great work on the DLCs from the Total Pack, I just see still one thing missing (inconsistency in ball color) and I wonder if this is already planned:

Adding the new ball colors to Team1, Team 2, Team3 and Goalkeeper, related to the DLC ball options available. So that throw ins and saves also can have the same ball color as the ball that is being used on the pitch. I would at least like it for the Yellow-21 / Yellow-and-blue-19 balls that I think are well suited for winter matches.

this is not an easy to be resolved for consistency in ball color
will check this out

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #144852 by captaincofresi

this is not an easy to be resolved for consistency in ball color
will check this out

Thanks, I think there are two options:
- Let players manually choose both the Ball color DLC and their corresponding Team 1, Team 2, Team 3 and Goalkeeper DLC. Downside is that the list for those DLCs will get quite long, and it would be good to sort them by ball color and use - - - - - seperator titles - - - - - - like this, to make it more clear.
- Or program something (although this might be more cumbersome and time consuming to get it done), so that the selected ball color DLC automatically can be added to the images for Team 1, Team 2, Team 3 and Goalkeeper DLCs chosen. E.g. using the images from the latter with 'locations of the ball' turned transparent. And then also have an image with the ball in the right color on all those places in the DLC images (and the rest of the background transparent) and then program something to combine the two.

Side note: the quotes now appear to me with a yellow title text and white body text on a white background in the Firefox browser. The only way to see what it written is 'select all'.

Time to create page: 0.342 seconds