Brand new - need advice!

• rjsdoyle
  • rjsdoyle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #42084 by rjsdoyle
Brand new - need advice! was created by rjsdoyle
HiI m sure this happens all the time but.......

I want to be able to play SWOS on my ageing laptop which doubles as my home computer due to my status as a peasant....Anyway, where s the best place to start? Do I need to purchase the original game on disc (eg from Ebay) and then download team updates? Or is there a quicker way. A couple of years I bought a (copied) disc off ebay (only a couple of quid) which had the 2005/06 teams but it would only play in a small window which couldnt be made to go full screen, and the gameplay was really REALLY slow so I packed in after a couple of matchs.

As someone who wasted his childhood (and by wasted I mean had a great time) playing Amiga Sensible Soccer before going to SWOS 96/97 on the PC, I would really love to be able to play it again in all its glory. Only on SWOS can Berwick Rangers win the European Cup after only 5 seasons!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #42095 by daimaou
Download this here (It s the superior Amiga version to be played on PC of course):
files.sensiblesoccer.de/Setup_ASWOS.exe

Install.

Then if you want to have latest team data (2007/08), download this update:
synchronated.110mb.com/swoshdf.zip

Rename it to swos.hdf.
Then go to the disks folder where you installed SWOS and replace the existing swos.hdf by this one.

Just a note if you want to play online with the rest of the players here you should keep the original swos.hdf or it won t work. What you can do is have one instalation with original swos.hdf for online play and another with the new updated team data for offline play.

• rjsdoyle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #42118 by rjsdoyle
Replied by rjsdoyle on topic Re: Brand new - need advice!
Thanks mate, I ll try that out when I get home!!

More
15 years 11 months ago #42120 by Playaveli
Join the chatroom to get instant help:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/client

• rjsdoyle
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 11 months ago #42173 by rjsdoyle
Replied by rjsdoyle on topic Re: Brand new - need advice!
Chatroom didnt load so need help from in here if poss!!

I ve installed it, then running the game. It says it needs to test my graphics card, screen goes black etc. Then a box comes up with WinUAE settings, I press ok then try to load the game. I get the message - No Kickstart ROM found with name Roms/Kickstart 3.1 (40.069) (A1200) (Commodore) (1993).rom, trying default locations....

Then the game box appears but its blank.

HELP!!!

More
15 years 11 months ago #42188 by daimaou
Check your email.

• matty86
  • matty86's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 10 months ago #45220 by matty86
Replied by matty86 on topic Re: Brand new - need advice!
I just tried getting it to work on my computer as well, Im having the exact same problem... any help?

More
15 years 10 months ago #45221 by HairFU
Replied by HairFU on topic Re: Brand new - need advice!
Use this file - hairfu.stremlau.eu/swos-files/SWOS-Online.zip it is the same like it was posted, but i m sure you don t get this again

No Kickstart ROM found with name Roms/Kickstart 3.1 (40.069) (A1200) (Commodore) (1993).rom

:)
After unpack swos.zip unpack - synchronated.110mb.com/swoshdf.zip to the folder /Disks to have the player Player Names updatet to Season 2007/2008 - have fun :)

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds