Idea fo updates

More
16 years 1 month ago #37370 by milivella
Idea fo updates was created by milivella
First of all: Synchronated updates are great. Really. But they are based, if I ve understood it right, on just one player value (Tranfermrkt price), that an editor automatically converts to different abilities (speed, passing, etc.) according to his position: e.g. if a center-back is high-priced, he will get 15 (or 7) in tackle. But maybe he is speedy, or maybe not.

My proposal is: to use Football Manager database, that everyone seems to consider accurate. It has a different value for each SWOS abilitiy (and many more).

It should take not much time: exporting FM database and converting values is easy. What takes time is only typing the numbers in a SWOS editor (if there is no way to automatize the process).

Example: Kaka
- Synchronated: p 7, v 7, h 6, t 6, c 7, s 7
- My method:    p 5, v 5, h 4, t 3, c 6, s 6
(15=7, etc.)

So Kaka will not have the same tackling ability as Cafu or Jankulovski (that would have 5 with my method).

Any opinion?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #37511 by sensibleswos
Replied by sensibleswos on topic Re: Idea fo updates
check out my updates, I ve been doing it for many years now and never get any complaints...

www.geocities.com/stephenfsmith2001/

More
16 years 1 month ago #37513 by milivella
Replied by milivella on topic Re: Idea fo updates

check out my updates, I ve been doing it for many years now and never get any complaints...

Your updates are good, no doubt. My idea is about a different kind of updates, to be played together with yours and/or Synchronated s ones: I didn t propose to substitute them :)

Where could I download your updates for the previous seasons (2006-07, 2005-06, etc.)?

More
16 years 4 weeks ago #38467 by milivella
Replied by milivella on topic Re: Idea fo updates
I have edited 40 custom teams formed by ex-players (i.e. Juventus has Cannavaro and Ibrahimovic). You can download the file here: www.drop.io/swosfm08 The direct link is assets.drop.io/download/47ee8c76/8a77453...9f1e62674af/team.072

Now, I d like to have your opinion.

Yes, no field player has more than 4.5 stars, and maybe the difference among players is not enough, but all this can be adjusted. I have only automatically converted FM values (0-20) in SWOS values (0-7).

Time to create page: 0.744 seconds