Help A Returning Player

• FCIM
  • FCIM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #139016 by FCIM
Help A Returning Player was created by FCIM
I downloaded the original SWOS, SWOS 96/97 and SWOS 16/17 all on PC having fond memories of playing SWOS 20 years ago.

I remember being reasonable, not great but good enough to win the Scottish league every year with Hearts or Hibs (I originally played with Celtic but decided to try a slightly more difficult challenge) and compete reasonably in Europe. I also remember Simon Donnelly and I have a feeling Neil Pointon scoring loads for me. I also remember winning the World Cup and the European Championships with France.

I ve tried going with what I can remember worked for me all those years ago, i.e. quick passing, not being afraid to pass backwards, trying to find an opening for my attackers or wingers. I ve mainly gone for shooting from the edge of the D diagonally into the far corner. I ve also tried shooting straight on a bit from the edge of the area. Both have scored some goals but more often than not a defender heads it clean away or the goalkeeper saves everything.

It s not like I haven t practiced. I ve tried with Celtic, Rangers, Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Rosenborg, PSG, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Inter, Milan, Yokohama Marinos all in career mode and Brazil and Italy in the World Cup preset competition. The same thing happens again and again; if I start the season against poorer teams I scrape a 1-0 or 2-0 at best, then I invariably start to lose by bigger and bigger margins. It doesn t help that I almost always get at least one injury a match, often two or three, to my best players who are then invariably out for periods of time.

When I play against the better teams I don t even seem to be really able to get out of my own half.

One major problem is my players seem to be much slower than the opposition, like as if they re sprinting but mine are jogging.

I m playing using keyboard controls but that s all I ever used to use anyway even back when I first played it.

Is there something about the game which makes it more difficult on modern systems or in DosBox or have I forgotten something I used to which was very effective?

Please help because I m so frustrated I m about to delete the game off my laptop to get rid of it and the only thing stopping me is I have good memories of it.

I ve also read every last bit of information on tips and advice I can find online and must have played 50 games which I would have expected to result in at least a bit of tangible improvement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #139020 by Playaveli
Welcome aboard, mate!
I suggest do a little bit of training first. Friendlies with some great team vs. totally poor teams. Just to get into it, again!

More
6 years 1 month ago #139026 by Bomb
Replied by Bomb on topic Re: Help A Returning Player
Play against humans in this great community. You will probably learn some moves you would have never come to your mind if you only play against cpu. :P

• petarku
  • petarku's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #139027 by petarku
Replied by petarku on topic Re: Help A Returning Player
he probably want to start winning before he start losing online at least that is my motto :)

6 years 1 month ago #139028 by ElMichaJ
well try precise shot passes to next players... works better if your players are slower and if you dont like heading ...and shoot on goal with semi high curled diagonal shots

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
6 years 1 month ago #139029 by carling476
i ve played the 16/17 and found it to be more harder and slower than normal not sure why so i downloaded the total pack and played and as i thought 16/17 is slower so i tried changing all the data from Swos 16/17 and transfered it to total pack some files you cant transfer but all in all it runs like a dream tested it in career mode and all works fine so my advice is use total pack transfer all the relevant data that would make it Swos 16/17 but in total pack i m hoping that another total pack will be released that will include everything....

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds