If you were starting tomorrow.....

More
9 years 11 months ago #124530 by Lazioarebanned
Hi all

My friends and I have recently purchased an Amiga 600 to play SWOS on but we are struggling to get hold of 96/97 on floppy disk, it s strange how much poorer the earlier versions where in comparison ( although they were brilliant at the time!).

Does anyone have a cracked version of 96/97 on 3.5 floppy that they could send a copy of to me at all (I m happy to pay the postage etc..)?

Also I have seen that there are a number of emulators available for PC s, and even a downloadable version of the game for PC so my other question is this:

I have a Mac at the moment and after reading a couple of threads it looks too complex for me to work (I am not technical at all but I think I could handle the PC version as it looks a little easier).

In you opinion If I went out to buy a second hand PC tomorrow what spec and operating system would give me the closest experience to the Amiga?

I am literally only going to use the system for Sensi offline and online and I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks

Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #124537 by Playaveli

More
9 years 11 months ago #124543 by Lazioarebanned
Hi

Thanks for your advice, as I said I am not really technical. Hopefully I ll visit an offline tournament soon and someone can load it up for me!

In the meantime does anyone have a cracked copy of SWOS 96/97 on floppy for Amiga they could post to me?

Happy to pay for disks, postage etc...

Cheers

Gary

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #124544 by djowGer
Hey man.. I could probably make you a copy of one of my disk sets. But I don t have the knowledge of how well it works on A600. I think there is something about the game loading a sound from disk everytime you take a corner or sth like that. Pretty much on all offline tournaments we use A1200 s, which work flawlessly. Perhaps Playaveli can clearify this thing about SWOS on A600.

You can send me your name and adress info in a private message.

More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #124548 by Playaveli
SWOS 96/97 runs fine on A600, but some things are closed down due to lack of memory.

- Clock is not constantly on screen during a match! Only when the ball is out of play!
- Name of player with ball possession is not displayed!
- Highlights are disabled!
- Some minor graphic limitations!

(You can test this with Winuae Amiga 600 setting, and using ADF discs of the game!)

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds