Last active player that is in SWOS 96/97?

More
15 years 9 months ago #45465 by Pallister
Uiuiui...great job ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45469 by Playaveli
WOW, thanks for that list. Very interesting to read. Didn t know Jan Koller is twice in SWOS.

More
15 years 9 months ago #45470 by Pallister
Ye, 1,01 m there and the other 1,01 m there ;D

More
15 years 9 months ago #45519 by MIJB#19

WOW, thanks for that list. Very interesting to read. Didn t know Jan Koller is twice in SWOS.

Well, it seems that some leagues have been updated at a later stage than others. Heck, even within the same country. I think the Belgian league was updated for 96/97, whereas the Czech league wasn t.
Within the Dutch leagues, you can find goakeeper Oscar Moens twice, once in Premier Division side AZ (which has 96/97 players) and also at First Division side Excelsior (which has 95/96 players).

For what it s worth, the list above is based on the published SWOS96/97 database.

More
15 years 4 months ago #54405 by Synchronated
^ that is one of the reasons I continued playing with SWOS 95/96 after 96/97 update was released... only a few of the leagues were actually updated :)

Dep. La Coruna wasn t updated to 96/97 despite being one of the best teams in La Liga, so there are two Bebetos in the game.

There are many, many errors like this in the 96/97 database

More
15 years 4 months ago #54406 by xflea
indeed some errors

one of my favourites is Feyenoord squad, where in addition to 2 Polish players (Saganowski and Dudek) they converted Dutchman Van Gastel also to be Polish...:)

quite a bonus when you career with Polish national team ^^ - of course if you decide to use that mistake

still - this is the original swos database and all swos-orthodox stick to it...;)

hahaha - BTW - Feyenoord was investing in good young players - both Saganowski and Dudek are active players nowadays!

• yorgosk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 3 months ago #56691 by yorgosk
Replied by yorgosk on topic Re: Last active player that is in SWOS 96/97?
Nikos Machlas (Greece) was active since the first versions of Sensible Soccer.
Retired this summer. :(
Great Striker.

More
15 years 3 months ago #57019 by swoozh

List of Euro2008 players in the 96/97 database (spelling as in the game ;)):

Nice list dude :D

More
15 years 2 months ago #58840 by Synchronated

indeed some errors

one of my favourites is Feyenoord squad, where in addition to 2 Polish players (Saganowski and Dudek) they converted Dutchman Van Gastel also to be Polish...:)

IIRC that was because they were in too much of a rush to cheaply replace the Polish player Tomasz Iwan in the data file. :)

More
15 years 1 month ago #59541 by MIJB#19

indeed some errors

IIRC that was because they were in too much of a rush to cheaply replace the Polish player Tomasz Iwan in the data file. :)

There were more of those curiosities. Frank de Boer, for example, was a black player, as they changed Frank Rijkaard s name and somply forgot to change the skin color too.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds