Mega Drive - Sensible Soccer

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #141194 by lukasroar
Open discussion for anything involving Sensible Soccer on the Sega Mega Drive (Genesis).

Is there many other players out there?

I d love to know your sensible stories or what you remember fondly from the game.

Sensi on the Mega Drive was my introduction to the beautiful game and I played almost exclusively on Custom Teams with the likes of Sensible XI, Dog Wednesday and Farewell United.

Me and my friends (around 12 of us in total) played this religiously from the ages 7-16.

We always stuck to Normal difficulty as Hard didn t allow you to turn with the ball and that ruined the fun of running rings around your opponent and scoring wonderful one man runs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kingmanyi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 2 weeks ago #141198 by kingmanyi
Replied by kingmanyi on topic Re: Mega Drive - Sensible Soccer
I am a Hong Kong people and got the first touch with sensi through sensible soccer Mega drive version (genesis).

We played in EASY difficulty and greatly enjoyed!

Four of us had played Sensible MD version for 2 years, until we switched to play SWOS 95/96 PC version.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #141213 by lukasroar
You could score some wonder goals on the EASY setting.

The ball always curled toward to net, meaning you could score from the most bizarre angles.

I d have loved some of the settings that SWOS had on the mega drive version, but I can only assume we never saw SWOS on the Mega Drive due to the memory limitations of a 16bit console.

I wonder if they ever considered a sequel for the mega drive or possibly even the Saturn.

Thanks for replying :)

More
5 years 1 week ago #141231 by St.Vitus

I wonder if they ever considered a sequel for the mega drive or possibly even the Saturn.

As the Saturn stands for 3D Graphics (like PS One) I doubt that there ever were thoughts for a Sensi Sequel in 2D as that was so outdated these days.

Today when we play 90 s 3D titles we notice how bad these games grow old.

Now we know: 3D isn t everything. Only the fun counts. ;) e.g.? SWOS ;D

More
5 years 1 week ago #141237 by lukasroar

As the Saturn stands for 3D Graphics (like PS One) I doubt that there ever were thoughts for a Sensi Sequel in 2D as that was so outdated these days.

Today when we play 90 s 3D titles we notice how bad these games grow old.

Very true, I recently tried to play Fifa 97 on the Sega Saturn and found it boarder line impossible due to the block graphics and clunky system...although I remember loving it back in the day.

I d have loved them to have had more instalments on console (of the 2D variety) as a none PC gamer I felt left out.

• sinhhilo
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 days ago #141270 by sinhhilo
Replied by sinhhilo on topic Re: Mega Drive - Sensible Soccer
Hello, I have a version of sensible soccer for mega drive that does not save me the games or the changes in the options menu.
Does anyone know why?

hola, tengo una versión de sensible soccer para mega drive que no me guarda las partidas ni los cambios en el menú de opciones.
alguien sabe por qué?

• kingmanyi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 11 months ago #141317 by kingmanyi
Replied by kingmanyi on topic Re: Mega Drive - Sensible Soccer
Try to search replace battery for your mega drive (genesis) cardridge in google.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds