Anyone remember (Andreas Osswalds) Championship Soccer? It's back...sort of

More
2 months 10 hours ago - 2 months 10 hours ago #146870 by Sinnesloeschen
Tested it out and yeah, works fine with the voodoo wrapper provided, even my old savegames from the 2000s still work;

"AOCS" (Not to be confused with an american politician) is a SWOS-like footie game from the early 2000s with a heavy emphasis on the career mode - You can manage a team or start a career as an individual player. All AI teams "manage" their teams, buy and sell players. Players themselves have dynamic stats, age and eventually retire. And the database supports up to 12 divisions in every country. It's nuts.

From a "Career Mode" perspective this is as good as it can get. Unfortunately the gameplay itself is a tad stiff and the AI is not exactly impressive.

Still though, i highly recommend checking it out if you like the SWOS Career Mode.

There's also just some good nostalgia at work here for me - Anyone remember when one of the Sensi Devs (Was it Jon? I don't remember lol) waltzed onto the AOCS forums and started drunkenly rambling? Good shit.

championshipsoccer.net
Last edit: 2 months 10 hours ago by Sinnesloeschen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 7 hours ago #146871 by ElMichaJ
hm quite interesting ... player career i know from 5 star soccer and it was quite great...

i will take a look when i find time

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #146873 by thd79

There's also just some good nostalgia at work here for me - Anyone remember when one of the Sensi Devs (Was it Jon? I don't remember lol) waltzed onto the AOCS forums and started drunkenly rambling? Good shit.

Alas no, but I love that sort of thing! Wish I saw it.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #146874 by Sinnesloeschen
It was pretty wild lol, allthough i barely recall the specifics since it's been like 20 years. I do recall some of the SWOS regulars also hanging around that place, at some point in the early to mid 2000s "AOCS" was "a thing", with fan-made datapacks and all.

And i gotta admit, i got a bit hooked again despite the slightly clunky gameplay. The entire simulation "backend" is just superb. So i spent my office... i mean free time to whip up a basic 2023 database. So if anyone wants to try the game out, if you unzip the folders/files of the attachment into the "/DATA" folder you get a somewhat accurate 2023 database (No Kits, no players, just the Names).
I excluded reserve teams and switched hoffenheim and hamburg around. ;P
And i also added some rudimentary team files to boost some specific clubs reputation over their regular league rep.

File Attachment:

File Name: AOCS2023DB.zip
File Size:28 KB

Ha,and i also found an old site with datapacks and stuff:

www.aocs.free.fr/

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by Sinnesloeschen.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds