15 weeks - 16 players

More
9 years 7 months ago #125880 by Rock and Roll
15 weeks of good behaviour? I don t believe that ll happen....
So I d take option 2.
Sorry, there have been enough problems in one day/night tournaments and I forsee
him doing the same old stuff in the last few weeks of the tournament which would
destroy the league table any way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125881 by ElMichaJ
Replied by ElMichaJ on topic Re: 15 weeks - 16 players
ok, i have decided to restart the league.

if I kick out one player and replace him with another, i will get in trouble with matchday system.

so the league will restart at monday morning 22nd of september.

15 players atm (without randapek) ... i hope 5 new players will join

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
9 years 7 months ago #125883 by barnettgs
Replied by barnettgs on topic Re: 15 weeks - 16 players
What you are doing is basically breaking up the swos community here, pushing out certain players, not just Randapek.

While some might not like Randapek but since I m a newbie to swos community, Randapek has shown me his kindness more than some people on the swos. No offence but it doesn t mean that some are bad or anything.

ElMichaJ was laying down the rule that he would ban anyone who play outside the schedule, I think that is a fair enough especially after a small blip.

The last thing you need in the community is to have someone influencing admin to push the other out and it will simply be seen as biased by some. That is not on, as he has already lay down the rule for all of us to follow. But now you disregard his rule, by insisting that Randapek should be out instead?

Sometimes in the life, you need to give someone a chance to redeem. There are some certain people you have to live/play with. If you won t play with one then anyone will follow not play with another therefore the community breaks up. It s as simple as that.

It is only maybe a total of 15 minutes playing against a certain person so is it not too much to ask you of that? At the end of day, we are aware that this is a very small community, it is up to you to help to make it grow or destroy it completely. :)

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #125885 by AndYpsilon

What you are doing is basically breaking up the swos community here, pushing out certain players, not just Randapek.

Randapek has already been pushed out of national polish leagues - for a good reason. And instead of his unfair behaviour
for countless times he is still not banned and part of the community - a more than fair deal.

The last thing you need in the community is to have someone influencing admin to push the other out and it will simply be seen as biased by some.

I offered to quit the tournament and leave instead of Randapek.

Sometimes in the life, you need to give someone a chance to redeem.

All admins (and also Rock and Roll) gave Randapek more than enough chances.
If someone behaves unfair once, twice or for a third time: No problem.
However: Just take a look at all those ooo matches Randapek lost 0-9 up to 0-25 because he stopped playing or scored own goals.
Not mentioning the annoying conversations with him about this behavior. Did you see the highest losses in his profile?

There are some certain people you have to live/play with.

I don t want to sound arrogant but after 7 years of online playing I can decide for myself with whom I have to play and with whom not ;)

At the end of day, we are aware that this is a very small community, it is up to you to help to make it grow or destroy it completely. :)

Believe me: There has to happen much more to destroy this great community ;)

More
9 years 7 months ago #125886 by Rock and Roll
Barnettgs, the problem is that Randapek has had an awful lot of chances to redeem himself.
Problem is, the own goal issue keeps happening.

I can t count the times we admins have had complaints about his behaviour, and there have
been a lot of occasions where we eventually had to scrap all his results from the final standings.
This is why he is banned from leagues and cups, and why a lot of admins / people won t play against
him or let him participate in their tournaments.

Personally, I like the guy, I ve had a lot of great games against him, he can be an excellent opponent in
ooo s, but it s better not to let him play in this kind of a tournament. History tells us that it s just too much aggro.

More
9 years 7 months ago #125888 by barnettgs
Replied by barnettgs on topic Re: 15 weeks - 16 players
Fair enough, although ElMichaJ deleted the results from Randapek, the admin has pointed it out that he would give a 2-months ban, should anyone do it again, especially for Randapek.

If you all believe that Randapek can break this rule very easily during the 15 weeks league, then just let ElMichaJ do his job and he would ban Randapek for 2 months. That is fair. :)

But what if, Randapek doesn t break the rule in this specific tournament, then all is good. :)

Randapek may have done silly things in the past but is he still doing it, especially in this tournament?

If anyone offered to quit the tournament due to a certain person taking part in it and it was seen as a threat to ElMichaJ and he had no choice but was forced to do otherwise.

Anyhow, I just see that it is still too early to jump the gun and the league is only just started so ElMichaJ put down the rule for everyone to see and to respect, which is why I posted in this thread. :)

9 years 7 months ago #125891 by ElMichaJ
well the main problem is, that i adminstrate tournaments, which shouldnt be my job. (only sometimes maybe)
i would like to spend more time in coding, cause there are so many tasks to do (atm 150 stories are waiting for completion)

so now i am doing both ... and this is a problem ... cause i dont have the time to get in touch with feelings of every single player.
so then i dont notice every single detail, which could destroy complexe plans... like this tournament ...

if one player goes out, its maybe ok, if more then the cup is broken cause of chaos in matchplan.
the risk was high that more players leave the tournament than only andY

so i have decided to go a less riskful way.

restart the cup without randapek and hoping for 20 players :)

9 years 7 months ago #125967 by ElMichaJ
so now we have started :) i hope without any problems now :)

have fun guys ;)

More
9 years 7 months ago #126007 by AndYpsilon
@Western: Are you available on Friday evening or Sunday?

More
9 years 7 months ago #126008 by Rock and Roll
@HeinAir: Wann kannst du? :)

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds