UK Amiga SWOS/Sensi V1.1 Tournament

More
5 years 5 months ago #140474 by lobo
Great, it s in my calendar now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #140476 by Bomb

As Lobo can t play on 13th of April and 20th of April is easter weekend where probably a lot of people like to visit there familys. The 6th of April is the best date ;) :P

Yep agreed, we’ll go with the 6th April.

Is that the official date?

Yep, 6 April is the official date.

thats how history is made! :D

It would be great to have you at our tournament Hairfu. I was planning on seperate leagues and cups for both versions. So there’d be 4 titles up for grabs. This depends on how many entrants. If there’s a good turnout then there might not be time to play leagues, in which case we’d go with something along the lines of what you’ve suggested in the above links. In any case I’d like the cups to have a league system as the first round like in the actual World Cup. Whatever format we go with we’ll make sure everyone gets plenty of competitive games throughout the whole day. I’ll confirm a definite format as soon as possible.

@Garthy: which versions will be played? (and what are the titles for?)

looks interesting. perhaps I can not play the world cup next year but then I should participate here...

More
5 years 5 months ago #140477 by Garthy73
After having a chat with Hairfu, I’ve decided the main tournament will be SWOS 96/97 probably in a similar format to the below link.

stremlau.eu/hairfu/swos_connected/4players.html

A quick question for you guys with experience of organising tournaments, will this format fit into a 1 day event? I was thinking of kicking off at about 11:00am.

An alternative to this is the method the Kick Off guys use. They start off with a league or leagues and then they’re seeded into seperate cups, a bronze, silver and gold cup. So the highest league finishers play in the gold cup, the next highest finishers in the silver and so on. This gives weaker players a chance to win something. Worth thinking about, I’m open to discussion. At the end of the day I’m happy to go with the method preferred by the majority.

There’ll also be a Sensible Soccer version 1.1 tournament, probably a Cup knockout.

As to the title we’ll be playing for, I suppose We’ll have to come up with a name for it. Open to suggestions.

More
5 years 5 months ago #140478 by Playaveli
Sure, with a handful of players you will easily finish on a day! :)
Just go with a group stage, then proceed with KO rounds in a simple manner (example 1st of group A vs. 4th of group B and so forth). All good!

There’ll also be a Sensible Soccer version 1.1 tournament, probably a Cup knockout.

Perfect idea! Same we re doing on the World Cups! Side event, only KO rounds... dramaaa baby! 8)

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #140479 by HairFU
I will go with the tournament format of my link (stremlau.eu...) as it is the format that is used by most offline tournaments from here and it has proved that it works very well. You also can check out my official webpage of SWOS Hanse Cup 2008. Instead of supergroups we used a lower bracket that end as games for 3rd place. stremlau.eu/hairfu/swos-hanse08/

Booth formats (with supergroup and lower bracket) will need 6 to 8 hours. So if you start at 11:00 in the morning it is plenty of time and no need to worry about not end at 18:00 or 19:00.
With just Groupstage and then K.O. Stage it is probably even more faster if needed (instead of more games for all).

More
5 years 4 months ago #140701 by HairFU
Good news. I have a free week around the date of your tournament. I will look up for flight and hotels on the next week. If everything work out I will join your tournament.

More
5 years 3 months ago #140763 by lobo
Has the location of this event been confirmed yet?

More
5 years 1 month ago #141110 by Garthy73
Sorry guys having cancel this due to not enough entrants.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds