UK National Sensible soccer/ SWOS competition

More
5 years 5 months ago #140310 by Garthy73
Ive searched the net but can’t find any UK national SWOS or Sensible soccer offline Amiga tournaments.

As such I’m looking at organising one myself. What are the requirements for stating a tournament is national and are there any copyright issues with SWOS or sensible soccer? Would I need any permission from anyone to describe it as a national UK SWOS Competition?

The tournament I’m looking at organising would include both Sensible Soccer version 1.1 and SWOS competitions, probably cups and leagues for both, depending on the number of entrants.

It would be great to be officially recognised by Sensiblesoccer.de and I’d be grateful for any useful info on organising this type of event.

Thanks

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #140314 by HairFU
Hello Garthy,

I have organised one or another SWOS offline torunament on my own and make a new one in February. It is very easy you don t need to reach any minimum requirements. If you make it at your home, just say it is only for a number of players of 6 to 10 (or whatever number can be house on your home). Just make sure you have original Amiga Hardware and a CRT TV/Monitor. Then let everyone know, that you want to organize a offline tournament. Show up on a regular base (every one or two days) on forum here and discord and make sure you mean it for real and give quick feedback to all interesst people. Give detailed information about what is given on the location and what do you have in your mind for the tournament. If there is a UK tournament I think one or another player from here could be interessted. Maybe you should be open for international guests, as it is not easy to have a really big number of players that is only from one country.

I am sure sensiblesoccer.de will give you full support :)

Have a look here to have a clue how you could make it on the web forum:
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26873.0
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26599.0
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26686.0
www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?topic=26222.0

More
5 years 5 months ago #140315 by Garthy73
Hi there Hairfu and thanks for the reply. Some helpful hints there.

I only found this website recently while looking on the web for an offline UK tournament. I had know idea there was such a huge SWOS following. It’s amazing! I’m looking forward to getting some games played online too when I’ve got my kit sorted.

Keep us posted on how your competition goes

Thanks again

Glenn

More
5 years 5 months ago #140321 by lobo
I m hosting a small tournament in central London on 17th November. Feel free to drop by.

More
5 years 5 months ago #140322 by Garthy73
Sorry mate, I won’t be able to make it but thanks for the invite.

More
5 years 5 months ago #140335 by Playaveli
Great effort, Glenn. As we ve spoken on Discord good luck with organizing your first tournament, soon.

Time to create page: 0.356 seconds