What joystick you using

More
13 years 4 months ago #92853 by MIJB#19
Replied by MIJB#19 on topic Re: What joystick you using
After numerous failed attempts to find a game port to USB adapter for my Trust(worthy) Gamepad to eb able to play SWOS ion my laptop, I bit the bullet and decided to go brand new.
Well, actually I just bought the cheapest gamepad that somewhat looked like my old controller (key component being that the left thumb directions button had to be a single button).
I ended up buying this:

Too bad the index finger buttons can t be used in DOS Box, but button 1 (and 2 for the bench) will do for now. :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #93688 by Fraz
Replied by Fraz on topic Re: What joystick you using
The Saitek PS 2700 rumble pad. It s a Playstation controller but works with PC as well................

• borman09
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 11 months ago #100902 by borman09
Replied by borman09 on topic Re: What joystick you using
To locate a joystick, a list of all game controllers that are attached to the system needs to be obtained; the DeviceList method does this. Once a list of devices has been found, the first controller in the list will be acquired. You could display a list of controllers to the user and allow for them to select the correct one if you wished.

• swos4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101562 by swos4ever
Replied by swos4ever on topic Re: What joystick you using
Hi mates :)
I need a very very help from yours.
The problem is that:
I buyed some 4 months ago and adapter a 3 gravis gamepad(gameport). They was excelent to play and ialready get used to control them. The problem that 2 litlle joysticks to play analog broken it. And i cant play digitally with them. In the third gravis i antecipated an put a screw to substitute that little joystick, because he brokens easyli. With the screw i could play almost equal in terms of quality gameplay, but unfurtonely now i think my 15 pin adapter has died.
So i cant connect him anymore to pc, him dont recognize. So i look forward to a good gamepad or joystick preferential with usb port only to play Sensi, Is the my hobbie and the single game that i play. I need one that makes all the movements and has room for improve my skills.
Im thinking in buy the xbox360 compatibility with PC, you guys, think that will a good choice. I already saw that Compettion pro Usb, amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/pro....php?products_id=271 and Hori ak.buy.com/PI/1/500/205483240.jpg.
I already thinked in zipstick but i think for that is necessary buy a adaptor of 9 pins. where i can buy these adaptor??
If anyone know other gamepad/joystick thad could be a good buy tell me please ;)
I know that redhair and retreiving make a self controllers, you could show me your works? Especially redhair, because about retreiving he showed me already him work, and im thinking too order to him, but first i would to like to know your opinions and have your help, the prize is not very important by now.
In the last case i wonder to buy maybe a gravis gamepad with usb.
Very important to me is have a controller that last ate least 3-5 years ;D
It is urgent mates because im very addicted with the game, and i dont know play with the keys ::)

Best regards, much thanks

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #101566 by Retrieving
my self-made SWOS-stick has been used to play SWOS on daily basis for the past 2 years and a half and I didn t even have to replace a single screw yet, it still works as if it was brand new. :D

If you re looking for top performances and, most importantly, durability, Retristicks is the answer! 8)

EDIT: that HORI stick isn t worth it in my opinion because it s made with cheap, B-grade made-in-china parts (the buttons, for instance, are really light and break easily, the stick on the other hand is extremely stiff which makes circle/half circle movements pretty hard to pull off) and it s likely to start falling apart within 3-4 months of intense usage (just take a look on the web, plenty of people reporting on those sticks series shortcomings).

More
12 years 10 months ago #101568 by Wänä81

The Speedlink USB-Copy is a shame , i broke 3 in 5 days ....

The original Amiga-9-Pin-Version is the better choise. Nearly undestroyable :P

• swos4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #101574 by swos4ever
Yesterday i buyed this item as long i can´ t wait too much to play my friendly ( amiga) game :)  cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem item=350460387703
He came from Florida USA, is a gravis USB, i dont want more adapters, in fact yesterday i trowed the rockfire adapter to the garbage more 2 gravis gameport  :(.
It cost me about 28 €, 20€ are from shipping.
However, im keeping in touch with Retrieving, because really i want such a beauty thing like him joysticks masterpiece.
And until i adapt my gameplay to  the Retri stick i will keeping play online with the gravis ;)
If anyone could give more ideas they´re are welcome.

Regards ;)

• swos4ever
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 10 months ago #101575 by swos4ever
And thank you Retri and Wana for advice me and saved me money ;D about that above joysticks that i wondered buy.
Almost buyed that Speedlink competition pro :o

• michaelgist
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 9 months ago #102432 by michaelgist
Replied by michaelgist on topic Re: What joystick you using
My weapon

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #106043 by Fruit Mec
This is my team. All original ones, no Speedlink :)
The stick i used normally for SWOS is the blue one, fixed with a kind of velcro on a board after my first experiance of my first offline turnament at CBM-Cup last week.
www.bildercache.de/anzeige/20110917-000701-440.jpg

This is my team manager who manages that all my team playes are able to play online on pc ;D
The kind of housing is inspired by the adater from Bomb.
The design is inspired by 8 bit games.
There is the PCB board from the Speedlink inside.
www.bildercache.de/anzeige/20110917-000701-440.jpg
www.bildercache.de/anzeige/20110917-000706-574.jpg

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds