Editing trailists and reserves during a career!

More
3 years 10 months ago #143599 by Playaveli
Just play with this player for 3-4 matches and he will get his value!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kendauron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #144111 by aerofan

All of us have played maybe a 100 careers but only in a few of them we get trailists and reserves with decent names. Here is your chance to...let s say ADJUST them a bit. :D

OPEN YOU CAREER FILE (*.car) with any Hex-editor! Search on the ASCII (right) side for your name which you entered at the start of the career. I would search for PAUL TURNER for example.

Under your name will be your entire squad, including trial and reserve players. Go down until you find your trialist players, at the start of a career there should be 2 reserve players and 8 trialists. They all have made up names. Below you can see the entire entry for a player called PAUL MELLON

The player has many different attributes which you can change. You can change nationality, shirt number, name, hair+skin, position, passing, shooting, heading, tackling, control, speed, finishing, value. Every detail is represented by HEXIDECIMAL numbers on the left side of the display. On the right is the ASCII equivalant of the HEX numbers.

The player s record is 74 HEX numbers long. Here is a diagram of how the record is set out. Remember that the numbers are saved as HEXIDECIMAL, If you don t know the code, click here for a conversion chart.

NATIONALITY
- corresponds to the team file which the player comes from. English is 08, Austrian is 01, but there is not a file for every number, so because there is not a file for 09, the file 10 takes the number for 09. This all gets a bit confusing, so reluctantly I had to draw up a chart of all the nationalities I know: CLICK HERE

SHIRT NUMBER - TRIALIST don t have shirt numbers, so you don t need to change this.

NAME - The record for name is 23 ASCII characters long, or 46 HEX numbers. Edit the name on the ASCII side of the editor, you must keep the field 23 characters long otherwise the file will be corrupt. Your saved file must always be the same as the original - make a note of the correct file size from the bottom left corner of your HEX window before you start to edit.

POSITION SKIN/HAIR
- Here is a chart with all the codes you need for this field:

http://files.swos.eu/pic/trailists1.bmp

7 SKILLS - In order the skills are Passing, Velocity of shot, Heading, Tackling, Control, Speed, Finishing. Each skill takes a value from 0-16, but they are in HEXIDECIMAL of course.

VALUE - There are 50 different values for price, in English Pounds ranging from 25k- to 15m+. Here is a chart for all prices from 0-49. Remember to use the HEX value of the numbers shown.

http://files.swos.eu/pic/trailists.bmp

When you are happy with your changes, save the file and exit the HEX editor. Load up SWOS and load your saved career and hey presto there you go!

(c) Paul Turner

Does a tool exist to edit players in .car files (PC)?

Thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #144114 by Playaveli
Any good hex editor can do this!

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #144115 by aerofan

Any good hex editor can do this!

I mean if exist a tool that make it possible more easily.

something like:

Sooo... I have been really quiet on this front and progress is super slow due to real life commitments. I don t know if the community needs another editor, but alas I am doing this as a learning project so I can learn C++, hence I will continue with it until it is what I want..

Below is a video of where I am so far. It isn t much currently, but each day it grows a little better.
[flash=425,350]www.youtube.com/v/FFyeNATapeE ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/flash]

Currently the editor does the following
  • I have created a gui that I believe looks good, and is sufficiently different to other editors. It s not necessarily better, depends on the user
  • Loads in ALL team.xxx files. This is not limited to specific files. You can literally load the same file over and over if you so desire.
  • Correctly loads in and identifies all known Amiga career file formats.
  • Correctly loads in Sows 95-96 and Swos 96-97 PC career files. However due to the PC version not having any form of identification, or error checking of any sort the way it is handled is a little different to the amiga files (See the video)
  • Each team is a child of its TEAM.XXX file, and each player is a child of each team. So therefore there is a proper structure, and this would allow me to easily implement a transfer system. Teams within a career file are a child of the career file
  • Money is currently loaded and dealt with properly (PC and Amiga version differ in endianess

I have a list of features to add
  • Support for Amiga ADF disk images
  • Proper RNC depacking and packing. No need to use propack for the Amiga version
  • A full, comprehensive search feature. Search for players via name, or any attribute. Find all strikers with a value of 10m for example
  • Full support for career files, incvluding listing fixtures, league tables, results, full manager history, tactics etc. This will take time as I still don t fully understand the structure of the career file
  • Importing of the Swos Generator CSV file.
  • Editing of the various swos executables (sws.exe on pc, SWOS and SWOS2 on Amiga
  • Swos Music playing
  • Dark/Light modes for the gui - I might even make it skinable if I am able to

Any other suggestions that users send me will be considered.. Please note that I am extremely slow at development as I had zero C++ knowledge before this, and I literally jumped in at the deep end here..

Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to your replies

github.com/Bippym/SwosEditor2018
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by aerofan.

More
3 years 5 months ago #144116 by Playaveli
Bippy is on our Discord. Just send him a PM! ;)

More
3 years 5 months ago #144117 by aerofan

Bippy is on our Discord. Just send him a PM! ;)

i don't have and don't know what is discord.

Can you ask him about that tool?
Or if he can answer to this thread?

thank you

More
3 years 5 months ago #144118 by Playaveli
Go to our website: www.sensiblesoccer.de and on the right side you see the Discord chat app. Press "Connect". :) Cu there!

More
2 years 11 months ago #144841 by super_hoops1967
would it be possible to re-upload the attachments from the first page please :)

More
2 years 11 months ago #144844 by Playaveli

would it be possible to re-upload the attachments from the first page please :)

Which ones? I think they are all online and working.

More
2 years 11 months ago #144847 by super_hoops1967
ignore me mate, if i click on the "file attachments" it doesn't load them up, but if i go to "open in new page" then it does :)

Time to create page: 0.256 seconds