2018 Sensible World of Soccer Editor

• bippym
  • bippym's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 11 months ago #139195 by bippym
2018 Sensible World of Soccer Editor was created by bippym
Right.. Back in the 90 s I programmed an editor for swos save games (.car) files. This worked as expected.

Recently I ve been learning c++ and wanted a project to get my teeth into so I stated to recreate my editor. I ve now decided I will expand it to cover career files, standard swos team files etc etc.. Now my question is.. If I were to add other features what would you like? Be as ambitious as you like.. If I have the time and energy to add it and the knowledge to figure things out then I again will look to add it.

I ll post some Screenshots once I have an idea of what I m doing

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #139199 by Playaveli
This is great! A straight Amiga editor is badly needed!
Can you join us on Discord to discuss this further? discord.gg/jFsBSSw

Key features to add besides the usual stuff (names, teams, shirts, skills, nationalities etc., check 4 editors below!!!):

- generate new poolplyr.dat file to fix the foreign market!
- edit SWOS2 file to adjust season start time (eg. 2017/18 instead of 1996/97, check career main screen top right corner)
- auto-generate player skills by button click (2 options: position-version and random-version)
- auto-generate player price from total skill points
- Differ between defensive (skill set of a D) and offensive midfielders (P, C, V, S)
- Edit EUROCUP.TMD, EUROCWC.TMD, UEFACUP.TMD to adjust qualificants etc.
- Import function of CSV files

There is more to come! Just making up my mind!

Please check these 4 editors for the PC DOS version, they are a very good reference (use them with the DATA folder and program of DOS version...)
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD SWOS PC DOS!

files.swos.eu/swos16-17/SetupSWSEDT.exe
files.swos.eu/swos16-17/SWOSFFF.zip
files.swos.eu/swos16-17/SwoEditor1.3.zip
files.swos.eu/swos16-17/SWOESV2.zip

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #139206 by Playaveli
Opened a google doc, feel free to add comments, here or directly in the document:
docs.google.com/document/d/1sRRWzGuXS_De...6IM/edit?usp=sharing

• bill_bill_Portugal
  • bill_bill_Portugal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 11 months ago #139263 by bill_bill_Portugal
Replied by bill_bill_Portugal on topic Re: 2018 Sensible World of Soccer Editor
Uau! Great project!

More
5 years 2 months ago #140788 by Forlino
Hi,
do you think it s possible remove any leagues or add any competition?
For example:
Remove Far Oer or San Marino leagues and add Copa Libertadores?
Thanks a lot.

• bippym
  • bippym's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #141274 by bippym
Replied by bippym on topic Re: 2018 Sensible World of Soccer Editor
Sooo... I have been really quiet on this front and progress is super slow due to real life commitments. I don t know if the community needs another editor, but alas I am doing this as a learning project so I can learn C++, hence I will continue with it until it is what I want..

Below is a video of where I am so far. It isn t much currently, but each day it grows a little better.
[flash=425,350]www.youtube.com/v/FFyeNATapeE ap=%2526fmt%3D18[/flash]

Currently the editor does the following
  • I have created a gui that I believe looks good, and is sufficiently different to other editors. It s not necessarily better, depends on the user
  • Loads in ALL team.xxx files. This is not limited to specific files. You can literally load the same file over and over if you so desire.
  • Correctly loads in and identifies all known Amiga career file formats.
  • Correctly loads in Sows 95-96 and Swos 96-97 PC career files. However due to the PC version not having any form of identification, or error checking of any sort the way it is handled is a little different to the amiga files (See the video)
  • Each team is a child of its TEAM.XXX file, and each player is a child of each team. So therefore there is a proper structure, and this would allow me to easily implement a transfer system. Teams within a career file are a child of the career file
  • Money is currently loaded and dealt with properly (PC and Amiga version differ in endianess

I have a list of features to add
  • Support for Amiga ADF disk images
  • Proper RNC depacking and packing. No need to use propack for the Amiga version
  • A full, comprehensive search feature. Search for players via name, or any attribute. Find all strikers with a value of 10m for example
  • Full support for career files, incvluding listing fixtures, league tables, results, full manager history, tactics etc. This will take time as I still don t fully understand the structure of the career file
  • Importing of the Swos Generator CSV file.
  • Editing of the various swos executables (sws.exe on pc, SWOS and SWOS2 on Amiga
  • Swos Music playing
  • Dark/Light modes for the gui - I might even make it skinable if I am able to

Any other suggestions that users send me will be considered.. Please note that I am extremely slow at development as I had zero C++ knowledge before this, and I literally jumped in at the deep end here..

Anyway, thanks for reading and I look forward to your replies

More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #146335 by Messiah
Hi, are there any news about this?

And can anyone give me the answers about my questions please?

1. After editing players in any editor (PC version or old Amiga versions) and not fixing the foreign market, what's gonna happen? Will the game crash at some point or there is a chance to avoid it? For instance by not visiting market or not buying players there?

2. And when fixing the market for Amiga version in PC editor, does it really solve all the possible issues? I remember I used some old PC editor in 2000s (maybe it was in early 2010s, I do not remember) and even after fixing the market people still reported issues. 

Thanks!
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Messiah.

More
1 year 3 months ago #146343 by Playaveli
1. The market fixes itself after the first season. So, nothing should happen if you don't click on it.

2. Yes, all should be fine if you do it correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Messiah

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #146368 by Messiah
Thank you very much for your reply, Playaveli! I have been busy during Xmas time, I am sorry for late reply.

That's really cool its possible to play the game even without fixing the market in editors. Why am I asking when there are so many great packs made by members of this site... I used to play SWOS a lot during 90s and early 2000s, on both Amiga and PC. And when I started playing it again last year on my old Amiga 500 and old CRT monitor I was amazed SWOS was still a thing and there was a SWOS community. So I am interested if its possible to play in the old/retro way, including using old Amiga editors. (I will try more comfy way as well and play SWOS on modern computers of course.)

Happy New Year everybody and may be SWOS with you. ;-)
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Messiah.

Time to create page: 0.282 seconds