SWOS Career Team Explorer

More
11 months 3 weeks ago - 11 months 3 weeks ago #146519 by EMPI
For some time now I've been working on a quick tool to get info on TRIAL and RES players from *.CAR file.
As a consequence I've developed a quick and simple tool in Python to get the job done.
I would appreciate some feedback and maybe could potentially improve it in future.

Should you give it a shoot please visit my GitHUB repo at:  github.com/EMPI-PL/SWOS_career_team_explorer

File Attachment:

Last edit: 11 months 3 weeks ago by EMPI.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #146521 by Playaveli
Replied by Playaveli on topic SWOS Career Team Explorer
Could you turn this into an editor, so one can just change names (with same amount of letters or less), skin/hair, skills and nationalities?

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #146522 by Tor
Replied by Tor on topic SWOS Career Team Explorer
Awesome idea... could be the makings of something beautiful.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #146523 by Tor
Replied by Tor on topic SWOS Career Team Explorer
I had an idea for a career mode tool recently, no idea if it would be possible with Python or other programmers:

Could there be a way of pulling the transfer list into a file and inserting/swapping/rotating those players with other clubs eg, at the end of a season? That way it would shuffle the pack and some teams would become better, others maybe worse. It would provide an interesting challenge of opposition within the mode, offer different league standing variables etc.

Endlessly curious really.

More
11 months 2 weeks ago #146524 by EMPI
Replied by EMPI on topic SWOS Career Team Explorer

Could you turn this into an editor, so one can just change names (with same amount of letters or less), skin/hair, skills and nationalities?

This is absolutely something that could be done. Depending on time availability of course.
The limit of letters is 16 bytes so it may be longer than the original (considering it's less than 16 bytes).
Potentially you could manually add players to squad up to 30 in total as far as I remember so there are options for sure.

Could there be a way of pulling the transfer list into a file and inserting/swapping/rotating those players with other clubs eg, at the end of a season?

I think I'm not far away from truth if I say it's potentially possible but would cost a lot of work.
Transfer lists are generated under POOLPLYR.DAT. Editing this file should allow to play around with transfer lists.
It's not "in scope" of this tool for sure. At least not for now...

That way it would shuffle the pack and some teams would become better, others maybe worse. It would provide an interesting challenge of opposition within the mode, offer different league standing variables etc.

Right... That's not quite the same. The teams and league structures are re-generated each new season. To give you an example. If you finish your current season in league A which only has one division, you can save, and open TEAMxxx.DAT file with this league structure, promote a team from NON-LEAGUE and relegate other from PREMIER to NON-LEAGUE and you'll get a different team set for new season once done with "continue career" scroll over world leagues and cups.

So in that way you could potentially change squads each season but I've never tested this in real life so I'm not sure would it even work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tor

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds