Team kits palette colors (pal.256)

More
3 years 1 month ago #144505 by DaniSwos
Hallo guys,

does anybody know if it is possible to change the 10 palette colors for the team kits?
For example: a darker green in place of the original green; or pink instead of orange.
I have read somewhere that it should be possible (file pal.256), but there are a lot of bytes different from 0 and I do not know where to start from...
Some expert?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144506 by Playaveli

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #144513 by DaniSwos
@playaveli: thanks, I saw this but it is not detailed enough.
At which offsets are the 10 possible colors of the kits? Other details?
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by DaniSwos.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144517 by zkz
Game palette is in file pal.256 at offset 0xfa00.
There are 256 colors there, each color is 3 bytes long, one byte for red, green and blue.
RGB values are in range 0-63.
Team kit colors to palette colors:
team kit color:     | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |
                    +---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
ordinal in palette: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 6 | 10| 11| 12| 13| 14| 15|
Upper 128 colors are discarded (the game recalculates them to be darkened versions of the lower half, they're used for dark overlays such as result & stats).

More
3 years 1 month ago #144521 by DaniSwos
@zkz: thanks a lot, that is great! I tried to convert gray (ordinal 1 in palette) into blue and it works, unfortunately not only the shirts but also the nets of the goals get partially from grey into blue as well :-(
Is it possible to change somewhere the relation between the color indexes (0,1, 2...9) and the ordinals in the palette (1, 2, 3, 6, 10... 15) ?

More
3 years 1 month ago #144522 by DaniSwos
I found it !!!
Offset 0x183B28 of the executable, all the 10 colors can be remapped.
With this trick I can remap grey into blue and fix the "bug" in the algorithm for the choice of home/away kits of the most important italian teams !!!

More
3 years 1 month ago #144559 by DaniSwos
@zkz: I would have another question.
Is it possible to override the kit textures so that the textures for plain kits become exactly like the textures of the vertical-stripes kits?
In this case, if color1 ==color2, visually they would still be the same, but if color1 != color2, visually they will appear with vertical-stripes?

More
3 years 1 month ago #144562 by zkz
Not sure I follow, would you like to edit shirt graphics?

More
3 years 1 month ago #144563 by DaniSwos
Yes, but a simple edit: modify only all the textures used for plain kits (kit code = 0) and make them exactly like vertical-stripes kits (kit code = 2) and therefore consider also the second color of the kit (the plain kit textures use only the first color and "discard" the second one).

Example: I have a team with a plain kit and kit colors: 1 red and 2 white. The game ignore white (color 2) and shows a kit only red (color 1). With the texture modification described above the game would show a vertical-stripes kit red and white, even if the kit is plain.

More
3 years 1 month ago #144564 by DaniSwos
Yes, but a simple edit: modify only all the textures used for plain kits (kit code = 0) and make them exactly like vertical-stripes kits (kit code = 2) and therefore consider also the second color of the kit (the plain kit textures use only the first color and "discard" the second one).

Example: I have a team with a plain kit and kit colors: 1 red and 2 white. The game ignore white (color 2) and shows a kit only red (color 1). With the texture modification described above the game would show a vertical-stripes kit red and white, even if the kit is plain.

Time to create page: 0.265 seconds