problems with swoes editorSv1,3

More
11 years 6 months ago #114316 by Sholomo
So I was editing certain Team.xxx file and before I saved it I misclicked on open SWOS data directory button first and then the save button. Since then I cannot open the file anymore in editor
Runtime error 9 Subscript out of range is error message and SWOES editor is always closed after that.
I tried to open the file in hex editor and compare it with some older file of the same .xxx number and they are exactly the same in length, so I have no idea what exactly happend here. Is there anyway to get this back?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114317 by carling476
looks like you will have to start again ive done it many times myself ;)

More
11 years 6 months ago #114318 by Sholomo
oh man, that s terrible. But how come everything looks normal in Hex file?
I tried to move and replace 1 team from nonworking team.xxx file to working one and it gives out same error, so it looks like you can t touch that file from hex editor?.
is there really no other way to get those teams back from hex file which seem to look just fine?

More
11 years 6 months ago #114319 by carling476
i dont know the ins and outs of team editing or hex editing.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114321 by Synchronated
I did this once and it hurt. Never did it again. But yeah, the save button being right next to the open new folder and get rid of all your current changes button is strange.

I save after every team I edit because of this. That way I can only ever lose the data for one team, which is not much.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114329 by Sholomo
Are we talking about the same thing? Synchronated I know what you mean, I did it myself too and I was saving it after I edit every team. But this time I clicked open swos directory button and after that disk icon for save , this seems to corrupt whole file which I was editing whole summer with updates. Is there any explanation what exactly happend here? and what does Runtime 9 Subscript out of range mean?

More
11 years 6 months ago #114332 by Synchronated
That Runtime 9 thing is an error I ve seen with a couple of different crashes in SWOES. Just a general that didn t work message I think.

I don t know about corrupting the whole file, hasn t happened to me. Sorry I can t help more.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114333 by Synchronated
What I will say is, if the hex looks ok you should be able to use a hex editor to copy those strings into a working version of the same team file and it should work. Try it with one team maybe.

More
11 years 6 months ago #114335 by Sholomo
Ok i managed to find the problem, I noticed difference on hex adr. 1 where corrupted version had value 00 and working one had 28, that fixed the whole problem. phew.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #114336 by atchoo
I had a Runtime 9 error... because Albanian League (TEAM.000) was corrupted.

I don t know why, I didn t change anything in that league.
I fixed it replacing TEAM.000.

Maybe continuous packing/unpacking could cause this problem?

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds