How do you add a division to an existing league?

More
13 years 1 month ago #97688 by AndyK81
Hi!

I m new here, but I have enjoyd SWOS for many years. I hadn t played it for a couple of years, but as soon as I inserted the CD yesterday fond memories came flushing back.
But as always when I start to play this game I want to update it. So I downloaded an editor, and a league update. But that wasn t enough.
I have for many years now wanted to add a division in the Swedish league, but every time I try the game either crashes or it doesn t even start.
I have been up all night trying to figure it out. Surfing the net to find some clues but nothing. Then I stumble onto this site.

So can you help me?

I also wonder if it s possible to change the starting year? So it says 2010/2011 instead of 1996/1997?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #97715 by Synchronated
I don t know about starting year. I think SWOES by Whiteulver has a hex edit for it but I never tried it (and it s in the PC version only).

Adding a division... you d have to completely swap Sweden with another league that has enough teams and divisons for you. And change details of all teams in both. Using SWOES you can edit the sws.exe (or SWOS2 file if using the Amiga version) and change the league names to suit (although they cannot be longer that the original names so you d want to swap it with a league with the same name length as Sweden/Swedish).

Hope that helps. Experiment a bit with SWOES and what you propose is probably possible.

More
13 years 1 month ago #97729 by AndyK81
Thanx.

I will try this.

And thanx for the updates. If you would like some help in futures updates just ask.
I m about to update some of the minor leagues, like Faroe Islands and Iceland. Also I will update the Swedish league for the upcoming season.

Cheers mate

More
11 years 8 months ago #113003 by JAX-TR
Any news about your progress? I want to add a second divison to the Turkish League. It is easy to speak but it is so difficult to do it.

More
11 years 7 months ago - 11 years 7 months ago #113634 by FIncad
I tried to make a whole new lower division to an existing league for ex. sweden. Added teams, and changed team numbers (unique ones) and index numbers and also modified sws.exe (in folders exe and exe++) files with help of an hexeditor (teams, divisions, prom/releg. etc). Started the game, and the lower division was shown with the clubs and you could play f.e. a friendly game. But when you started a career with a new division team, it crashed and also crashed, if you played with some other team after the finishing season (when the game goes through the world).

I think there is needed some more editing in sws.exe or something, but my skills ends here, lol

Cheers.

PS. When trying to start a career with a new division team, dosbox gives the error Illeagal read 1528380F CS:IP 160:29b3f1

More
11 years 7 months ago #113683 by FIncad
Any help with this matter folks? Any programmers or other professionals around?

Cheers

More
11 years 7 months ago #113685 by Synchronated
I think changing the structure in a non-crash fashion would require working from the source code, which hasn t been released.
Hopefully at some point it will be released and some programmers become interested, and then updates can include as many or as few leagues as they like, or even some esoteric ideas (leagues from multiple time periods etc.).
You couldn t do it by hex editing the compiled executable as it currently is, other than by workaround tricks (like renaming a couple of leagues and replacing their data in order to swap their characteristics in terms of league structure).

More
11 years 7 months ago #113691 by FIncad
Roger that, thanks m8 for the answer..

Cheers

Fincad

• willbar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 6 months ago #114178 by willbar
Is it possible in Malta League to include the first division and the second division also? For more information regarding league promotions and players please follow this link...www.soccerway.com/national/malta/first-d...2013/regular-season/

Is it possible to include Malta as a National team without overwrite one.

Keep it up for the good work. Maybe one day we have a complete SWOS which everyone wants.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #114840 by FIncad
Hi!
I have now tried and spend several hours try to solve this adding division thing althougt im not an expert with comps and stuff. But i managed to create extra division with added teams and also could start careers with them (teams in added division) and play normally. But still it crashes after end of the season when going through world (in that specific league after showing the national cup final result). I have tried lots of different variations in that specific hexoffset, but nothing. I think like Sync has said, that this adding divisions cannot be done just by hexeditig .exe files.

Also noticed that if you double up the numbers of teams in main league (for.ex 10 to 20), it wont crash after a season, but if you use that view world option and try to view that league, it will crash.. Weird, cause in Syncs latest update (with added teams) dont have that effect.

Cheers
Fincad

PS. So i think its possible to play friendlies etc. with added divisionteams outside the careermode without crashing.

Time to create page: 0.297 seconds