Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #113156 by JAX-TR
I figure out the problem. In the swos manger, on the player options menu I only choose Use Amiga SWOS. Then I can play the game without problem. But when I choose Use SWOS and Use Amiga SWOS simultanously, I can get an error when I press simulating match days on 4 August.

I also wonder how can I use Amiga swos with swos manager. I can not get it. What does it mean?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #113451 by King D.A.

I figure out the problem. In the swos manger, on the player options menu I only choose Use Amiga SWOS. Then I can play the game without problem. But when I choose Use SWOS and Use Amiga SWOS simultanously, I can get an error when I press simulating match days on 4 August.

I also wonder how can I use Amiga swos with swos manager. I can not get it. What does it mean?

You have to check Use SWOS and Use AMiga SWOS .
Moreover you have to choose a path where you want to save the .adf file to use it later in Amiga SWOS.
Refer to the manual to get more information. ;)
There can be problems with Win7 and SWOS Manager cos the User Managent is much more strict then in WinXP.
You should start the manager as administrator.

More
11 years 7 months ago #113716 by maycher
It would be nice to be able to browse random team s squads. In SWOS I always enjoyed checking other clubs, espacially after I transfered a player away, to see how he was doing. In the Manager I can only do it via the Entice Away button during a transfer window. Is there a chance, it would be possible for the rest of the season, as well?

• electrospectre
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 7 months ago #113740 by electrospectre
Replied by electrospectre on topic Re: SWOS Manager Ver. 2 Released
i agree with you maycher. to view a different squad in the same way as you can view your own in the formation tab, would be cool and would inevitably lead to a wee bit of impulse buying ;)

only an idea... perhaps, instead of displaying each player s specific stats on that other squad s page, show only their top three attibutes (eg P T C ) and their value (eg 2.25m), like the original swos. instead the entice away option could be rechristened as scouting and over a period of a few days, return a list of players with their full list of attributes.

totally maintain that SWOS manager is the way forward. i find myself using it all the time, instead of the SWOS career mode. have tried other clones, but this retains the perfect SWOS matchplay and king is gradually adding other recognisable SWOS signatures to the career mode too...

it s outstanding, frankly.

More
11 years 7 months ago #113746 by King D.A.
The scouting feature is a good idea.
I think i will include that feature in a small update, which will include a data update as well (that might be released in mid september).
The big update to version 3 will take some more time, cos its more complex.

More
11 years 7 months ago #113753 by maycher

totally maintain that SWOS manager is the way forward. i find myself using it all the time, instead of the SWOS career mode.

Since I discovered the SWOS Manager I completely forgot what was the Career Mode in SWOS. The Manager has it all, what I was dreaming about as a teenager in the 90 ies. Players do get old, the game is more complex but yet again, it doesn t need you to spend weeks to complete a season, like in the CM/FM series. And possibly the most important - you can choose the difficulty levels both for SWOS and the Manager, so you don t get bored so fast.

And just a note for King DA - another little bug found. When playing the Polish Top Division I can make 5 substititutions in a SWOS match. In the Cup it s ok, though - a usual number of 3 subs allowed. Forgot to check the European Competition. Also don t know if this only applies to Polish League or some others, too.

More
11 years 7 months ago #113759 by King D.A.

totally maintain that SWOS manager is the way forward. i find myself using it all the time, instead of the SWOS career mode.

Since I discovered the SWOS Manager I completely forgot what was the Career Mode in SWOS. The Manager has it all, what I was dreaming about as a teenager in the 90 ies. Players do get old, the game is more complex but yet again, it doesn t need you to spend weeks to complete a season, like in the CM/FM series. And possibly the most important - you can choose the difficulty levels both for SWOS and the Manager, so you don t get bored so fast.

And just a note for King DA - another little bug found. When playing the Polish Top Division I can make 5 substititutions in a SWOS match. In the Cup it s ok, though - a usual number of 3 subs allowed. Forgot to check the European Competition. Also don t know if this only applies to Polish League or some others, too.

I guess i doesnt set the allowed substitutes in the save game file.

More
11 years 7 months ago #113797 by maycher
I ve also found out that the away goal rule doesn t apply in european competitions (at least in the CWC). This costed me a really surprised face when I was celebrating a victory over Man Utd and saw the ball back in the middle. Thankfully, I managed to score another one in the ET and went through to the next round.

More
11 years 7 months ago #113803 by King D.A.

I ve also found out that the away goal rule doesn t apply in european competitions (at least in the CWC). This costed me a really surprised face when I was celebrating a victory over Man Utd and saw the ball back in the middle. Thankfully, I managed to score another one in the ET and went through to the next round.

I doesnt use the away rule goal in my manager, cos i dont like these rule.
For me its not fair when one team get to the next round cos of the away goals.

More
11 years 7 months ago #113814 by maycher
Well, personally I ve always been an opponent of this rule in real football. For me, if the teams are levelled in terms of goals then it s a draw. If they count away goals to determine, who was better, they can also start considering number of corners, throw-ins or an average age of players. Unfortunately, the UEFA stays stubborn behind this rule and only because it still remains alive in real competitions, I mentioned this earlier. I m absolutely fine to play without it, but as said in my previous post, it found me completely shocked during my celebrations, when I was asked to play an extra time ;)

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds