Re: Amiga SWOS Public Beta 2015

More
9 years 2 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #127250 by Redhair
  • Download from here: files.swos.eu/aswos/ASWOS_Beta_002.7z (If you downloaded before 6 August: download again!)
  • Extract into a folder where you have rights to write files, like C:\Games\ASWOS or create a folder on your desktop. Now enter the directory and open the file ASWOS.exe .
  • Login with your ss.de username and password!
  • Go to options and select your game controller.
  • Click on Update save disk or Auto
  • Check if UDP port is forwarded correctly in your router
  • Go to lobby and try those fancy buttons:
    • Refresh list to check for waiting games. If any, click on a player and simply join. Game should start directly and as a client just relax: host will do the settings in game!
    • But you can host your own game, if UDP port is open. The magic button is called Click here to host! , you guessed it. Clicking it right away means your game will be listed in waiting games list so other players can join easily. But you can also arrange a private game by clicking the checkbox and select a player who is online and who you want to invite. Only that specific player will be able to see your game in his list.
    • Once a client joins your game, the game will start immediately and as a host, it s your task to do the settings in the game.

Please give me some feedback.

Some notes:
Key F11 for chat is not working, you can chat with the P2P window though (or IRC).
This version is not finished yet, it s just for testing and it s not compatible with the old versions.

15-08-05/06: Download link updated/Private games working now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #127251 by olesio
@Redhair: why you guys ignoring my solution in Polish SWOS Launcher which I prepared in Delphi and WinAPI many months ago or even more than year? I know I did it for RANDAPEK request. And everyone here know he is very strange person and cause lots of troubles in online matches. But I think my solution was pure and simple. And as far as I remember, my source code link was sended to you. And there was no answer.

My launcher, when we want to use old Kaillera client without P2P, simulate some clicks and disable some buttons on client window, so we do not have a crash. Like in your above launcher when click at Use kaillera insted . In your launcher I have a crash. Please do not ignore me, when I want to help. And please check out your personal messages for source link. Maybe you can use some of my ideas for small and simple launcher.

Sorry for long message and my bad English.

More
9 years 2 months ago #127265 by Redhair
Key feature of the new version is the P2P lobby.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #127269 by Emmeti
I can t run the exe, I suppose for some missing files on my pc (0x000007b), I ll check it later...
Anyway, wasn t the waiting list a feature in the 2011 vr07 kaillera?
I assume you are using that because I remember the F11 problem, where you have to write text on connection window to chat, that is quite annoying...

More
9 years 2 months ago #127272 by Redhair

I can t run the exe, I suppose for some missing files on my pc (0x000007b), I ll check it later...
Anyway, wasn t the waiting list a feature in the 2011 vr07 kaillera?
I assume you are using that because I remember the F11 problem, where you have to write text on connection window to chat, that is quite annoying...

Please provide more details about that problem and your Windows version.

You re right, it s based on that version and it s annoying. I realized that bug after programming the lobby :/
However, there are lots of improvements with the new version.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #127283 by Emmeti

Please provide more details about that problem and your Windows version.

You re right, it s based on that version and it s annoying. I realized that bug after programming the lobby :/
However, there are lots of improvements with the new version.

I unpack the file in a folder and ASwos runs correctly, but when I run swosUAE.exe then there s an error message 0xc000007b , SO Win 8.1 64bit
I still have to find out if it s for some corrupted files, like some of the articles I found suggest, or something else.

About the improvements, actually I don t remember that version so well. I know the code is different from previous versions and not only for the separate modules..
Too bad for the chat problem, did you try to fix it?
In sourceforge the source code for n02 v0.5r1(kaillera 0.9 compatible) - Nov 1 2007 is not available (can t find it anywhere), there s only a previous version (september) which is incomplete, so I can t really compare them.

in that v0r7 version I remember the waiting game server program as very easy to set, however, if I recall correctly, there s a problem about the page with IPs, updating first IP instead of adding another one to the list.

More
9 years 2 months ago #127285 by Redhair

I unpack the file in a folder and ASwos runs correctly, but when I run swosUAE.exe then there s an error message 0xc000007b , SO Win 8.1 64bit
I still have to find out if it s for some corrupted files, like some of the articles I found suggest, or something else.

You run swosUAE.exe? ASWOS.exe is all you need. Just log in and host or join a game, rest should work automatically.

About the improvements, actually I don t remember that version so well. I know the code is different from previous versions and not only for the separate modules..
Too bad for the chat problem, did you try to fix it?
In sourceforge the source code for n02 v0.5r1(kaillera 0.9 compatible) - Nov 1 2007 is not available (can t find it anywhere), there s only a previous version (september) which is incomplete, so I can t really compare them.

I did not really try to fix it yet as I don t speak C++. You?
However, the new n02 version has an option for automation which was very useful.

in that v0r7 version I remember the waiting game server program as very easy to set, however, if I recall correctly, there s a problem about the page with IPs, updating first IP instead of adding another one to the list.

If so, the public test should bring it to light.

More
9 years 2 months ago #127290 by Emmeti

You run swosUAE.exe? ASWOS.exe is all you need. Just log in and host or join a game, rest should work automatically.

It happens when I click on Click here to host or Use kaillera instead

---

I did not really try to fix it yet as I don t speak C++. You?
However, the new n02 version has an option for automation which was very useful.

Not really, unfortunately. I understand some, but not enough to modify the kailleraclient project.
What option? If you want to tell me :)
It would be easier if there was the v0.5r1 source code as well...
Months ago I checked the source code of v0.5r0 to find a way to avoid the freeze when a player closes the window after a match, that s all.
However that v0.5r0 version is not complete.
Considering I didn t like the F11 problem in the new version I never really tried to work on that as well. If I remember correctly it freezes when you try to chat that way.

If so, the public test should bring it to light.

Just to be sure we re talking about the same thing: are you using the waiting games list included with the dll + the server exe or you created the lobby and read/add the IPs on the n02 file?

More
9 years 2 months ago #127306 by Redhair

It happens when I click on Click here to host or Use kaillera instead

Alright, I ve just tried it with Windows 8.1 x64 and got the same error. I will fix that.

Not really, unfortunately. I understand some, but not enough to modify the kailleraclient project.
What option? If you want to tell me :)
It would be easier if there was the v0.5r1 source code as well...
Months ago I checked the source code of v0.5r0 to find a way to avoid the freeze when a player closes the window after a match, that s all.
However that v0.5r0 version is not complete.
Considering I didn t like the F11 problem in the new version I never really tried to work on that as well. If I remember correctly it freezes when you try to chat that way.

With option auto activated in n02.ini the client skips the interface. Also new is an exit button on the top right of the p2p window which lets you quit UAE without freezing. F11 dropped the game and so it freezed.

Just to be sure we re talking about the same thing: are you using the waiting games list included with the dll + the server exe or you created the lobby and read/add the IPs on the n02 file?

Hm, no, it s not same. I take use of it though.

More
9 years 2 months ago #127308 by Emmeti

Alright, I ve just tried it with Windows 8.1 x64 and got the same error. I will fix that.

Ok, good to know it was not a problem on my pc...

With option auto activated in n02.ini the client skips the interface. Also new is an exit button on the top right of the p2p window which lets you quit UAE without freezing. F11 dropped the game and so it freezed.

Oh, auto=1 option in the config, ok, now I remember.
I don t remember that exit button, is it something you added?

Hm, no, it s not same. I take use of it though.

I m not sure I understand what you mean (maybe my question was not clear), but no problem. Thanks for the answers.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds