Resolution of SWOS on your monitor

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #124910 by djowGer
All lcd/tft monitors will look blurry if they dont use their maximum resolution. :/

Btw. hz is important too, although amiga swos only runs with 50hz and pc 60hz. For me there is a world of difference if i play the game on my 20 lcd monitor @60hz comparing to my old crt 17 @100hz. All i can say is try it for yourself.

That being said, you can get used to any settings in time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #129732 by barnettgs

hi barnettgs,

I don t know how it works with Total Pack as I don t use it, but try those settings on WinUAE. then just maximize the WinUAE window.

It works well for me.

PS. there was a topis about those settings somewhere on this forum - I cannot find it right now...

http://www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25644.0;attach=9625;image

Well, I am surprised!

I started using ASWOS2 several months ago and settled for default resolution, like I did with the Total Pack and also with monitor set to 800x600 on 20 16:9 monitor.

However, I decided to bring my monitor back to 1680x1050 but SWOS screen is tiny! So I found this thread and tried your solution, it has worked very well!

EDITED: Just to let you know that the correct resolution is 336x272 to get rid of the borders.

Also to save the setting, I have to turn off Original file s read only setting. See here: www.sensiblesoccer.de/forum/index.php?to...58.msg22223#msg22223

More to that, it has just fixed annoying switch port issue every time SWOS game starts up so I can no longer have to switch the port in order to start the game. :)

More
8 years 7 months ago #129763 by barnettgs
Just to let you know that the correct resolution is 336x272 to get rid of the border.

It is just exactly the half the resolution of 672x544.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132345 by sokratees9
Hi,

I usually play SWOS via the total pack with a resolution of 1359 x 1100. It s great to be almost full screen with a proper aspect ratio, but I know that playing it with 672 x 544 looks perfect, as you can see every pixel perfectly sharp, while 1359 x 1100 is a bit blurry (understandably).

I was hoping that there d be an exact double of 672 x 544, i.e. 1344 x 1088. Any chance we can get that on the total pack. If anyone has tried it on WinUAE, does it look as sharp as it should does at 672 x 544?

Also, what s the reasoning behind the chosen resolutions on the total pack?

Thanks,
Sok

More
8 years 1 month ago #132346 by sokratees9
Anyway, I fired sensi 95/96 up on the regular WinUAE emulator, and it actually looks pixelly at all resolutions, so I guess it is some sort of setting in the total pack to try and make things look a bit smoother, which has it place as well. I see positives and negatives to both options.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132347 by atchoo
I was playing @1008x816, but i don t know if it s possible with Total Pack.
Now I m playing @672x544 on a crt monitor @720x578 100 Hz.

In WinUAE you have Filter options, look at them.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132369 by sokratees9
I suspect the total pack has some sort of built in WinUAE properties they set to create the soft edges effect. Total Pack is too awesome not to use regularly, so I m fine with it. But I would like the pixelated option.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds