Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!

• Tooble
  • Tooble's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121326 by Tooble
SWOS Synchronated game crash! was created by Tooble
hello! I have a problem with the game. I downloaded several updates made ​​by Mr. Synchronated, but unfortunately, something I did not work with them. the point is that when I turn on some leagues and national teams game crashes. have WinUAE 2.6.0.0 and the original version of SWOS 96/97 and to paste it later seasons. there is a file SWOS2 and DATA. team is there, but not everything works well. if I m doing something wrong, please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121329 by Playaveli

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121344 by Tooble
Replied by Tooble on topic Re: SWOS Synchronated game crash!
I do not want to play for SWOS Total Pack. I have a well-configured WinUAE, I use it also for other games and at the same time I want to stay. I do not understand why the game does not work properly if everything I do as a guide.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121345 by Playaveli
Download the Total Pack and get the working hdf files from it! Use those with your normal Winuae!

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121360 by Tooble
I tried to do so. I found files with the teams, but I do not know what else and where I need to copy. Finally, I would normally play. why Synchronated version does not work on a regular WinUAE? some may Synchronated post the guide on how to upload.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121369 by olesio
@Tooble: please do not post unchecked lies here. I just downloaded latest Synchronated update from his official blog-site (October 2013) and it works fine with version of SWOS, which is used to play online here. Tested under WinUAE 2.5.1 but AFAIK even older version or even latest one also should run this version. You only need to remember to replace SWOS2 file. Also replace all existed files in DATA subdirectory with existed from update. Sorry for my bad English, but I hope my post is a little bit understable ;)

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121378 by Tooble
I do not lie. I ve tried the version 2010/2011, 2012/2013 and 2013/2014 which is not yet fully done. I download files from blog Synchronated and copies them to the original version of SWOS 96/97, by ADF View program. Files are two SWOS2 and DATA. I turn on the game is not all good works. work English league or Italian league. Polish league does not work and when I want to create a tournament for national teams, the game crashes.

More
10 years 5 months ago #121379 by Retrieving
what is there not to like about the Total Pack? It s 100 times more user-friendly than any WinUAE out there and basically a three mouse clicks deal from download to playing (also, features both online and offline play).

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #121381 by Synchronated
If you replace the SWOS2 as well as the data folder, there should be no crashes. This is endlessly tested and I play on WinUAE. Sounds like your config is using a different file for some reason. If the number of teams in a league has changed since 96-97 version and you re not using the updated SWOS2, it will crash when you select that league. When you have the list of European leagues (for example) does it say San Marino or Bosnia-H.? If it says San Marino you are using an old SWOS2 file.

BTW in WinUAE you can configure a regular windows folder as an Amiga hard disk, there s no real need to be using HDF files or adfview.

@retrieving while it s excellent in general and for quick start, I don t think it s possible in Total Pack to configure the Amiga version as I have it configured (hi-spec version from HDD/no load times/synchronised refresh rate to massive TV/some old PAL TV interference simulation) and if it is, I ve still no need as I already configured it. The refresh rate is the tricky part and totally essential for me. But then I haven t used Total Pack for a long time other than to test the PC update. It might not have the latest update yet either, I don t know, in which case it would be the same task to put the new data in Total Pack as it would be in a WinUAE setup.

• Tooble
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 5 months ago #121387 by Tooble
I know what s going on. I noticed that the file Synchronated 2013/2014 is 165kB and 164kB original. after swapping shows on 164kB, or as if they do not swapped. when I removed the file and pasted the new one is the same problem. DATA folder have been tweaked as new teams in the game are available. So what could be the problem?

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds