Definitive guide on how to improve in SWOS

More
4 years 10 months ago #141373 by prodigio92
Hi all,

as already said to Playaveli in chat a lot of months ago and as a young player (26 years old) I’ve always thought that there is not a really good tutorial or guide to understand how to improve in swos.

In these years I’ve encountered players that explained me something but I struggled to understand things and I’m a guy which also played the Amiga maybe when I was 5 or 6, but let’s imagine if young players that never played swos would join the community or also players that played offline when was young, it can be really hard to understand how to play good, also because the level of the community is high and can be frustrated for them.

I’ve seen a lot of new players but just for some months maybe they don’t know how to get good in game and then quit (or maybe they quit for other reason) but anyway I’ve thought if we can arrange a sort of definitive guide, maybe text+graphic+video where stated all the positions in the pitch where you can score directly and this is my test.

I know that miss a lot of positions but maybe someone which is interested can help me. I’m also making a videos of this goals, maybe I can do a Youtube playlist or maybe I don’t if Sensiblesoccer.de have a youtube account, but could be added there.

ZOOMED VERSIONS

I also think, but I don’t know if is possibile, that would be great to insert the training pitch in the new 2020 build, and new player can train there more easily.

PLAYABLE PITCH

I’m open to hear your opinions and hope this can lead to good things for swos.

P.s. hope my English is good to understand my thread

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #141374 by djowGer
Good post!

I have been wanting to do something like this for a while, just never went all-in due to the amount of work it takes. I already made a few tutorials which are on my Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLi248HSYt...M7XHZiiwlF6sJpNQx-HD but this is mostly dangerous positions.

I already tried to make the spots on the pitches in-game like you made an image of. I find it too distracting though. Also the when you know a lot goals you can literally do too many spots all over the pitch, then it is really confusing on the pitch.

I guess you also would only need one quarter of the pitch for tutorials overview and then mirror it. Like this:

Btw. i made this one some time ago:

At sensi days in berlin 2013, postlarval made a free kick competition using situations, winuae save states, and hotkeys to quickly try shots again again. Something like that would be awesome for training goal situations.

4 years 10 months ago #141375 by ElMichaJ
wow !!! very nice

Hey Hey Hey .... El Micha J !!!

More
4 years 10 months ago #141393 by prodigio92
Thank you guys.

I ve already seen your videos in the past and really appreciated. Hope that in the future will be possible to make a Sensi.de Youtube Channel and make a big playlist as Tutorial.

Also I think that will be useful create a page of the website where insert all this information.

About the distracting points, it s true, but it s for this reason that I tried to divide the goals in 3 colours and maybe can be useful to do 3 different pitchs.
I know that still miss a lot of goals, but hope to insert some in the future.

Cinek show me this polish tutorial: www.swos.pl/university/bliszka/7.mecz.pdf
I think is amazing and my idea was to do something similar. Anyway I don t have skills to translate from polish in english.

More
4 years 10 months ago #141411 by Playaveli
Excellent topic! I will try to come up with some editing and tutorial pictures, too.

More
4 years 9 months ago #141498 by rudiporto
Nice tutorial man. what is the curved arrows?

Attachments:

More
4 years 9 months ago #141500 by Playaveli
Curved arrows = Bend the ball in this direction after shot!

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds